SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you have an in with the Big Guy, I can use your help
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you have an in with the Big Guy, I can use your help Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
One lasting feature of being sick last year is Atrial Fibrillation.

This morning I am undergoing electrical cardioversion, basically a low power zap intended to get my heart's muscle fibers to work and play well with each other.

I actually have done this to a patient while being trained as a paramedic.

It's a safe procedure, but I'm not above asking for thoughts and prayers (God knows, I can use them).

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got it. I have performed this hundreds of times. You will wake up and not even realize you had it. Will send a quick prayer though. Gods speed.

Posts: 279 | Location: Northeast Ohio  | Registered: August 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that, will send prayers that your results turn out as well as mine!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good luck neighbor, let me know if you need anything.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'll doing my best,,,,
I wore a life vest for 2 months and luckily the damn thing never went off.... this was because my main artery was blocked 100% for over two hours.
The cardiac medical folks are really something these days... they did nothing less than save my life.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the best outcome.

Let us know.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
You got it!

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Good luck. Let me know if I can help.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I had this procedure done last October, also for AFib. Nothing to worry about except maybe the anesthesiologist's bill.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
just had my second on 1 Apr.
piece of cake.

good luck,
bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping for the very best result!

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Been there, done that, will send prayers that your results turn out as well as mine!!

All of this. You’ll feel a lot better after, man.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent! I will keep a good thought for you today! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent and good luck.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’ve got our prayers!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Had ablation for a-fib in April. One overnight hospital stay and Tylenol for a day of discomfort. No problem.

Prayers for your success.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Not sure if I have an “in” but a good word was put in on your behalf just the same.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Done. Prayer sent.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
More power to you.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post