SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TD Ameritrade help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TD Ameritrade help Login/Join 
Picture of Hammer1967
posted
I have an old TD account, about 15 years or so.
Don’t use it, needed to close it.

I don’t know my account number or anything about the account other than my name and relevant info.

Called TD and started the closing process, the value of my account is $2.75.

They had to transfer me to a broker to deal with it because there was stock shares to be delt with.
She told me there was no charge and she was glad to do it. Cool

The broker said I would need to sell the stock to close the account. She put in an order to sell this stock. Twice she tried but the stock did not sell.

Never heard anything and frankly had forgotten about it. Yesterday day I get a bill for $283.00

Called TD, something about a charge to convert it. I really don’t understand at this point.

TD is filling to remove the charge. The agent said it would be 3-4 days before he know something.

I know this probably don’t make sense but I’m a bit confused myself. As of today I owe $283.00 to sell $2.00 of 15 year old stock.

Any help or tips would be appreciated

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1090 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Tell them to pound sand.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I have found TD Ameritrade customer service reps to be knowledgeable and friendly. It sounds like they are going to reverse the charge, so I'd just be patient. Certainly do not pay anything.

As to what happened, it could have been fractional shares, or a delisted stock that no longer trades through the automated exchanges. Maybe it was 1000 shares of XYZ at a price of .00275, and there was a per share charge to sell it. Something like that. Certainly they should reverse those charges, as they should have advised you not to sell it if there was no way around the charges.

I don't see any reason to close an account worth $2.75 if it cost anything. Just let it languish.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post