SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UH -Baylor basketball final 4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UH -Baylor basketball final 4 Login/Join 
posted
Here I am in Evil Empire country (20 miles SW of Austin (UT) anticipating the game today between UH and Baylor at 4:15 cst.

I am the black sheep in the family having attended UH while I have uncles, aunts and cousins who went to Baylor. Others at UT and A&M.

Austin media is doing their best to honor their commitment to pretend that UH doesn’t exist. Austin Statesman begrudgingly printed an Associated Press piece about the UH coach after they got into the final 4. Otherwise, mention of any UH athletics or any other UH news seldom appears on local news media.

I watched Baylor in the playoffs. Dang they are good. They will be tough to beat. Throughout the playoffs, Natl Sports prognosticators have continually said that UH “will lose the next one”, but they have continued to win. We are proud of them, even if they lose this one!

This coach has worked tirelessly to make them a winning team And I wish them well!

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Baylor is a good team, and Coach Drew has done a great job with the program. They handled the Cougs in the first half. I wish them luck vs. Godzilla (that's what my son used to call the 'Zags years ago when he was a toddler).

The other game last night was fun to watch.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baylor looks more like a pro team. Their 3 point shots are amazing.

They deserved to win.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, to be fair, UH relied to heavily on Sasser, and the Cougars just weren't sinking shots. They kept getting shots, missing, and then letting Baylor recover.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post