SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Devin Nunes and Washington’s Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery inside an Enigma
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Devin Nunes and Washington’s Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery inside an Enigma Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Here is an excellent article by Victor Davis Hanson, too lengthy to post.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent read Thanks. Seems like a real story here if any of the media wanted to pursue it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Lengthy, but the first good, organized telling of the story of what happened that I've read yet. Thanks.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Here is another helpful essay on the intelligence debacle, this one by Andrew McCarthy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. Read both articles and other info attached. Real eye opener.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
McCarthy is too critical of Nunes.

It has been abundantly clear that DEMs are out to bring down Donald Trump, and they don't care if their claims are true or false. Look at the history of Elijah Cummings in trying to stop/hinder/slow down/derail other congressional investigations.

Schiff is just as bad.

Nunes should share as little as possible w DEMs.

This is a remarkable situation. We have operatives in the intelligence community trying to negatively influence a presidential election.

The real story isn't the Russians hacking an election, but that our own intel agencies have become political weapons of the far left.

The DEMs have admitted Podesta got phished by stupidly responding to an email that told him to change his password.

The DNC ignored for months warnings from the FBI that they had been hacked.

The FBI has never presented evidence that the Russians actually did the hacking.

The FBI reportedly did not examine the DNC computers because the DNC did not allow them to do that. The Russian hacking evidence appears to be based on a private company's assessment. A company owned by Google. And Google's top leader wrote the game plan for Hillary Clinton's campaign.

Recently wikileaks revealed that the CIA hacks and then leaves fabricated evidence that the hack was by the Russians.

Once the word got out about Nunes "discovery", Fox has reported the source for Nunes got blowback from that leaking agency.

Fox report said "after Nunes had been approached by his source, the agencies basically would not allow him in at all"

I think that means the agencies would not cooperate and provide Nunes w more info

Any info given to the DEMs will flow right back to the intel operatives that Nunes is trying to defeat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schiff needs to get torpedoed and soon.

Yup, if this ever gets the traction W-gate got, it will make W-gate look like a bad Sat Night Live skit.

Good to see you up and around, Jim/w5.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1690 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The pattern seems to that anyone investigating GDC misdeeds must be recused, removed or destroyed, by any means necessary.

Media accounts aren't focusing on what Nunes was shown, but who did it, when, how, what were they wearing, who signed them in.

To a certain extent, this is understandable. The material is classified, can't be reported publicly, unless someone mails it to the NYT, but there are deadlines, cameras rolling, pages to fill, editors to placate. But nobody gets a Pulitzer for reporting on the dog show or the new Chic-Fil-A opening.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Cold hard truth:

If Clinton​ <shudder> had won and the RNC had been hacked this Russian connection would have been buried. If not, they would have claimed the Republican's​ were incompetent, allowed it, losing the election was their fault, and in doing so demonstrated that they clearly had no businesses in the White House.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nunes should share as little as possible w DEMs.

I know exactly what you're saying, but if it isn't a public process it's too easily dismissed as a partisan attack.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post