SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Incredible Repeat Photography Operation Overlord and Present Day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incredible Repeat Photography Operation Overlord and Present Day Login/Join 
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:

Did anyone notice the American Flag in the window in one of the shops in Sainte-Mère-Église (in the 'current' picture)?

Pretty common to see there. The area is a huge tourist draw and the local businesses roll out the red carpet. We met several people from the U.S. that rented campers and toured the area for several weeks.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Too cool! Thanks!

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1217 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Amazing pics, thanks for posting.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed that some of the buildings are still standing and restored. Thanks for posting, we enjoyed that.

Posts: 3865 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Really cool. Thanks fir sharing!

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
That was very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OldChimney
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Amazing. And in a way, kind of creepy.

Almost like seeing ghosts.

Posts: 2366 | Location: West | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I thought what was special about these photos was the care the modern day photographer took to retake the photos from exactly the same place, with exactly the same focal length, so that the features I the two pictures are both in the same place and the same size.

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Fascinating juxtapositions! Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 3265 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post