SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone notice the crickets that have been coming from the NRA for this election?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone notice the crickets that have been coming from the NRA for this election? Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
They were all over Instagram this election cycle.

Maybe I just wasn’t looking in the right places or maybe they concentrating what money they had available (assuming the audit locked any funds) and I’m just noticing the lack of ads on MSM. Admittedly, I spend very little time on Farcebook and Instaturd. Given the Conservative bias they’ve displayed I’m considering dumping them altogether. Jeez, I’m sounding like the guy on the Little Caesars commercial “that’s it, we’re going off the grid”. I’ve also been considering dumping Comcast TV due to their stance so I’d be REALLY unable to hear NRA ads.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
I would argue that now is not the time to stop supporting the NRA. We are likely facing a new administration that boldly states they will move things to NFA status.
There is the threat of unilateral Executive orders that will block imports. Likely they will try to remove the Gun Manufacturers civil liability protections to sue gun makers out of existence.

We need to update the leadership of NRA, at some point any leadership becomes stale and self serving.

Send money to all the groups you list especially your state organization. We need 50 strong state Associations.

HK Ag

+1

Expect that any firearms or derivatives there of that were used by the military at anytime will be moved to NFA.... AR’s, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1911, Beretta 92’s, any number of Sig’s, SCAR’s, shotguns (pump & autos), etc.

Folks in the shooting world need to wake up to what Biden and Harris want. They both want total disarmament of the civilian population. Just read their history!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d say they were very present in Arizona. I think they were leading the way against that little troll Kelly. It didn’t work, but I do feel the message got to a few people that I was surprised to see taking concern about his gun control. But alas the Californization has taken root here. I’m sad and ashamed.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
......... I guess it’s been a couple of weeks since we’ve had a shit on the NRA thread. Guess it’s that time again.

Yep, lets just shit can them, and let all the gun owners step up and lobby one by one, oh yeah,, that won't work....

NRA is a lobby group for gun rights, not voting rights.....

I miss Chuck. Now, if they went away, I'm not sure I'd be able to see the difference. I agree with 10X. They could be, and should be doing more with their resources. And its especially infuriating, if that's all we have. They have blown so many opportunities to touch base with Americans, I wonder where all that money is going. Bunch of imposters these days, if you ask me.

Posts: 5150 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My earlier post probably sounded like shitting on the NRA. However, the requests for money were the only thing I’ve heard from the NRA this election cycle. Zero TV ads, zero digital media ads, nothing on FB, etc.

To be fair, in Texas there isn’t much need to spend money as Republican candidates make ads if their opponent is a gun grabber.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23302 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The nra did not fight because they wanted the dems to win. They want the gun grabbers in power to drive fund raising. The nra is a business that gets its revenue from donations, they don’t care about the cause just the cash. The bigger the threat the bigger the motivation for the members to send in money to fight it.

Posts: 1808 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I've been an NRA Life Member most of my adult life. With that said, I realized long ago the decisive battle for the preservation of 2A won't be fought by lobbyists in silk suits.

Posts: 3508 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I did not get one piece of literature and no email from the NRA-ILA.

I guess it’s been a couple of weeks since we’ve had a shit on the NRA thread. Guess it’s that time again.

No shit. Without groups like the NRA our gun rights would’ve disappeared long ago.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3976 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I can't say for certain but I think there were NRA ads in North Carolina - NC being one of the handful of battleground states. There were certainly some very strong 2A based ads (if they were not NRA). Maybe the NRA was trying to be strategic with their spend.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

The NRA spent more than $2.2 million buying digital ads through its main Facebook page during the 2020 election as well with roughly $750,000 more going to Google ads.

.... The lawsuit’s introduction marked the end of one of several similar investigations that had cost the group $100 million in legal fees by January.
The good old el linko

I think this explains the crickets.

Spent $3 million on FB and Google adds, and $100 million spent on legal fees.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The hypocrisy of the NRA started back when they endorsed John McCain even after in the interview with him in American Rifleman he flat out stated he supported another assault weapons ban as well as universal background checks....

then again the other hypocrisy is I'm a Lifetime Endowment member if for no other reason to honor my father.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Seems like the NRA has been silent on a lot of issues.

Virginia passes bad gun laws - NRA (whose HQ is in VA) .... silence

Bump stock ban - NRA .... silence

ATF goes after the Q honey Badger - NRA .... silence

Maybe they are doing things behind the scenes. But haven't really seen any 'activism' from them for quite some time.

These were all politically charged issues (except the Honey Badger). But to turn these around you need some level of political pressure. You don't get political pressure without public support. You don't gain public support without publicly visible action.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I did not get one piece of literature and no email from the NRA-ILA.

I guess it’s been a couple of weeks since we’ve had a shit on the NRA thread. Guess it’s that time again.

No shit. Without groups like the NRA our gun rights would’ve disappeared long ago.

That might be true of the old NRA, not now. I bet they would rather have Biden in because they could generate more money from us.

I let my membership lapse and my money goes to Gun Policy and GOA now.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3644 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
The nra did not fight because they wanted the dems to win. They want the gun grabbers in power to drive fund raising. The nra is a business that gets its revenue from donations, they don’t care about the cause just the cash. The bigger the threat the bigger the motivation for the members to send in money to fight it.

I wish we had a like button.

This is my sentiment exactly and don't think some of the firearms/ammunition manufacturers aren't of the same belief. Not all but some.

Before the pandemic, friends in the firearms/ammunition industry's for many many years could not believe how slow sales were after President Trumps election.

With all the big hype up to the 2016 election manufacturers were prepared for Hillary Clinton to win. After the election they were stuck with lots and lots of inventory along with all the private speculators who bought guns to sell after Hillary Clinton took office.
Prices dropped and I was told some were selling at just above cost to bring in cash.

Some manufactures and wholesalers went out of business.

Now go to your local gun shop and try to find reasonably priced guns or ammo. On a local to Florida private sales forum prices are through the roof for ammo and firearms.

Prices may not go back to "normal" what ever that may be for a long time to come. If at all.

During President Obama's administration some gun shops had his picture on the wall as their #1 salesman.

It is going to be a very interesting time ahead for all of us.

The best we can do is support the firearms/2nd amendment organizations. They are going to need the funding to fight for our Constitutional rights in court cases across the country and up to the Supreme Court level.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2574 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I didn't see any NRA ads about the election, but Texas has 2 Republican Senators and a maajority of House members and is considered a solid pro-gun state. They probably didn't need to spend money here.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The NRA's woes are not going to go away until Wayne does. He should have stepped down long before now. The NRA cannot exist without the support of the rank and file and they've had it with Wayne.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post