SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Computer Geeks - Multiple Monitors with different resolution
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computer Geeks - Multiple Monitors with different resolution Login/Join 
posted
I currently have two older Dell 24" 1080 HDMI monitors with a 60hz refresh rate. I am wanting to add a larger monitor, for work but also for gaming. I am looking at a 1440 165hz that would use a displayport.

I am currently using Windows 10 and I have an Nvidia 1080 GPU, so I have plenty of ports.

Would there be any issues running these different resolutions and refresh rates? This is what I work on and do drag stuff from window to window all day long. I also use it for gaming at night, which is why I am looking to upgrade.

I am considering this monitor if it matters, any pros or cons to this monitor are welcomed as well. I am looking to stay in the $500-$600 range.

ASUS 27" Monitor 1440p 165hz

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
No issues. I've been doing so for over a decade.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At work I run 3 monitors with different resolutions (all hdmi). I didn't have to do anything to make them work other that plugging them in. At home I run 2 monitors with different resolutions. Again I just plugged them in. Both machines are running W10.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes you can have each monitor with different resolutions and refresh rates.
Depending on where they are connected (mb vs card) will determine where you make the adjustments.

Posts: 22925 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome!! Thanks guys. I saw settings for Nvidia where I can change the resolution per monitor, but didn’t know if it would look normal or all funky when I go from screen to screen. Glad to see it is all good.

Thanks again!

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post