SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beyond Meat Jerky..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beyond Meat Jerky.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
According to the flavor, its legal to eat the whole bag... Big Grin. There's no meat in it and its plant based. Something called mung beans is where it gets the jerky texture. I like it. Im not a vegan but this is good. Kinda healthy too. Range food if you will. Anyone else ever have this product? What did you think of it?

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Did you get dizzy after taking a bite?

This is the same shit Bill Gates is pushing. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4833 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If not a vegetarian, why bother with the stuff?
I'm not convinced it's healthy either. What kinda vudu has to be done to a mung bean to make it taste like meat. Typically when things are highly processed, it's not as healthy as you might think.
But I'm just a meat eating Neanderthal so what do I know.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

This is the same shit Bill Gates is pushing. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot poll.
Hey my friend had 2 bags and gave me one. It tastes darn good. Little high in sodium. Screw Bill Gates. Whats he got to do with it?

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
No fucking way I would eat such shit. I would not give it to my dogs either. Truly.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:

This is the same shit Bill Gates is pushing. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot poll.
Hey my friend had 2 bags and gave me one. It tastes darn good. Little high in sodium. Screw Bill Gates. Whats he got to do with it?

Gates is heavily invested in companies that are pushing artificial meat. No doubt they are the ones behind the high real meat prices. Even his buddy Tyson is in on the action.

Lab-Grown Meat: Tyson is Making a Massive Investment in a Meatless Future

https://futurism.com/lab-grown...in-a-meatless-future

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4833 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
No fucking way I would eat such shit. I would not give it to my dogs either. Truly.
A lot of dog foods have vegetables in them. I think those are pretty healthy for them. I know you feed them canned pumpkin if they get the shits.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Gates is heavily invested in companies that are pushing artificial meat. No doubt they are the ones behind the high real meat prices. Even his buddy Tyson is in on the action.

Lab-Grown Meat: Tyson is Making a Massive Investment in a Meatless Future

https://futurism.com/lab-grown...in-a-meatless-future
Well geez, I'll just eat this one bag. Never had it before and thought I'd ask. Have yourselves a nice evening.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Over the Summer I accidentally picked up some Impossible meat breakfast sandwiches, mixed in with some real food. Once I got home and realized the mix-up, I decided to eat them... mostly because I hate waste or wasting food (even fake food), but also just to try them.

The best I can say is that they were passable.. Not terrible, and they knocked the hungries out of me, but there was something still off about the fake meat and fake egg. The consistency and taste was close to the real thing (especially with the seasonings used), but couldn't be confused for the real thing.

The fact that the Progressive Marxist Leftists are so heavily invested in forcing a diet of insects and lab-grown food on populations, especially children in schools, to eventually substitute in place of real natural animal-based foods is enough to convince me not to adopt the diet they want me to.

I won't fault someone who decides to eat these things, but God put meat, fish, and vegetables on this planet for humans to eat, and you don't need to eat fake lab-grown food just to try and eat healthy.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine tried it and said it was the most effective colon blow he’s had. I’ll pass, even if it’s free.

Posts: 13744 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What the hell's the point of eating non-meat jerky? Seriously. Why? Why are these people trying to make their crappy food choices taste like meat? I wonder.

No thank you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
From the Babylon Bee - Farmer develops method to convert plants into meat: Babylon Bee

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Why do people keep calling these things meatless?

They grow meat, cultured cow cells, in the lab/factory. Just not on the cow. That’s then blended with vegetable matter to bulk it up.

I wouldn’t put that stuff in my mouth.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much sodium per serving.

Posts: 3925 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
100mg.

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
HIGHLY PROCESSED “imitation” frankenfood; but it’s “more healthy” than real food. NO THANKS!!!!

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2701 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saturated fat is nearly the same as real meat and the Sodium is high in either version of Jerky so there really isn't any point in going meatless with Beyond meat products. I'll do Morningstar Farms meat alternatives because they are low in saturated fat and also fairly low in Sodium. As for Jerky, way too high in Sodium no matter what brand it is.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5652 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Why do people keep calling these things meatless?

They grow meat, cultured cow cells, in the lab/factory. Just not on the cow. That’s then blended with vegetable matter to bulk it up.

I wouldn’t put that stuff in my mouth.
Its not meat grown in a lab. It is peas and mung beans. Go look up the health benefits of mung beans. Think you will be very surprised. This product eats easily, it tastes wonderful and has nothing bad in it. There is no big cartalage or animal fat chunks to chew all day or spit out. Its good stuff. If ORCs dog ever came up on it, he would probably eat it right down.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
100mg.

Good to see you're alive and well this morning after eating a bag of that stuff. Big Grin

-- George Orwell

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post