SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HOWTO: add a horizontal line that isn't too long or too short, but is JUST right *works over profile signatures*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOWTO: add a horizontal line that isn't too long or too short, but is JUST right *works over profile signatures* Login/Join 
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Neat! I can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Indeed, did so a while back thanks to a thread much like this one! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Groovy

Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check, check one. Sibilance, sibilance.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Niiiiiiice.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
test...and success! Thanks

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
And this would please me oh so greatly! As I have read some of your signature catchy sayings a gazillion times not realizing where your new and interesting thought end, and your bottom stuff begins. Mad Wink

Thank you for resurfacing this. I was pleased to learn to do this from one of you some time ago, and it's pretty slick.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
BTW, put the “\[hr\]” immediately in front of your tag line. No need to have a carriage return between the “\[hr\]” and tag line. Save a bit of vertical space in your post.

As a heads up to those who are new to this. Use "inline" with the signature without a carriage return (enter) will eliminate some space. Examples shown below:

"inline" (no return/enter before signature:

signature starts right after closing bracket ( ] )
[ hr ]signature starts right after closing bracket ( ] )

when a carriage return (enter key) is used:

signature starts after a carriage return (enter) is used right after closing bracket ( ] )
[ hr ]
signature starts after a carriage return (enter) is used right after closing bracket ( ] )

The bold text above is directly above the horizontal rules. The text after the horizontal rules shows one horizontal rule without a return before the text and one with. I have also provided a broken example below each to show the glimpse "behind" the curtains.

Thanks!
Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
ffips, thanks for for posting.

Often, a post is so unreadable I have to hit “hide post” or just block some guys entirely.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'm not doing something right. I deleted my signature and unclicked signature in my profile. Never my intentions to upset anyone.

Maybe the change isn't instant?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Thanks, I'm not doing something right. I deleted my signature and unclicked signature in my profile. Never my intentions to upset anyone.

Maybe the change isn't instant?

I'm sure no one was seriously offended.

Here's what it should look like:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
...snip...

...snip... no one was seriously offended.

...snip...

Honesty, I started this aimed more toward quoted text from articles. The signature line was a secondary target.

Here is an example of quoted articles gone bad. Wink

My goal was to share knowledge not "out" anyone specifically. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
And this would please me oh so greatly! As I have read some of your signature catchy sayings a gazillion times not realizing where your new and interesting thought end, and your bottom stuff begins. Mad Wink
<snip>

Just what we’d expect of a Seeker of Clarity. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post