SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good Bbq sauce recipes…what do you have?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Bbq sauce recipes…what do you have? Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
https://amazingribs.com/sauces/

Posts: 7646 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
OK you said no vinegar based sauce, but hear me out. This won't disappoint.

Medium high heat, can of tomato soup, just enough apple cider vinegar to washout the can. Is probably less then half cup, more like a quarter.
1/4 cup ketchup

Couple tablespoons maple syrup
Honey
Strawberry jam
3/4 cup brown sugar
If you have a favorite BBQ rub add a couple of tablespoons of it.

1/4 cop worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard

2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper power
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ( or to taste) salt
1/2 cup water.

Simer until it's the consistency you want, it WILL thicken when cool, so keep this in mind.

I don't really measure, I just eye ball it and adjust, but these measurements are close enough to get you there.

This is a big hit. But really, the apple cider vinegar IS needed to round out the flavors.

This sauce has won a couple cook-offs.

ARman

We have a winner here. I made up a batch of this last weekend and it’s good stuff. I did not have the strawberry jam so I left it out but it still turned out great. I may have used a little too much cayenne pepper but the heat level is just what I like.

I see the comments about the Kinders gold. I’m a big fan of the Kinders sauces so I’ll pick some up once I use up the batch I made. I’m assuming the Kinders isn’t spicy so I’ll experiment with adding some black and cayenne pepper to it if it needs it.

Thanks guys!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I’ll also add a plug for Kent Rollins Red River Mud sauce. It’s got an earthy chili/poblano type pepper taste and is really good. It’s worth a shot. I’d stick with it but I can’t buy it locally.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
OK you said no vinegar based sauce, but hear me out. This won't disappoint.

Medium high heat, can of tomato soup, just enough apple cider vinegar to washout the can. Is probably less then half cup, more like a quarter.
1/4 cup ketchup

Couple tablespoons maple syrup
Honey
Strawberry jam
3/4 cup brown sugar
If you have a favorite BBQ rub add a couple of tablespoons of it.

1/4 cop worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard

2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper power
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ( or to taste) salt
1/2 cup water.

Simer until it's the consistency you want, it WILL thicken when cool, so keep this in mind.

I don't really measure, I just eye ball it and adjust, but these measurements are close enough to get you there.

This is a big hit. But really, the apple cider vinegar IS needed to round out the flavors.

This sauce has won a couple cook-offs.

ARman

We have a winner here. I made up a batch of this last weekend and it’s good stuff. I did not have the strawberry jam so I left it out but it still turned out great. I may have used a little too much cayenne pepper but the heat level is just what I like.

I see the comments about the Kinders gold. I’m a big fan of the Kinders sauces so I’ll pick some up once I use up the batch I made. I’m assuming the Kinders isn’t spicy so I’ll experiment with adding some black and cayenne pepper to it if it needs it.

Thanks guys!

Well thank you for the compliment.

I made a version of this 4th of July, but I used plum jelly and substituted the water for watermelon soda. It was really good.

ARman

Posts: 3208 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post