SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is it ok to post a bit of humor?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it ok to post a bit of humor? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
This is the internet. He could be an 18 year old Asian chic for all we know. Wink

Only flaw with this logic is I joined in 2004, which would have made him/her a 4 year old Asian Chick.

There could be more than 1 Para. You know... passing on the torch to he next worthy "forum keeper" Smile

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I like to picture my Para with giant eagles wings, singing lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd. With like an angel band. And I’m in the front row hammered drunk.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zapfire:
People here are always serious, they don't like to laugh, I've got a ton of jokes to post but....i just don't bother.

Ummmmm huh? Now that is too funny.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I like to picture Para in a tuxedo T-shirt. 'Cause it says like, I wanna be formal but I'm here to party too. I like to party, so I like my Para to party.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Para has used that picture before in posts. It’s exactly like I imagine him.

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
It's all covered in The Waiver. June 2019, Platinum Members, by request, Ultimate Unrated, Director's Cut, preview Edition.

The one with the weird covers and the Moderators signatures.

If you don't have the required 5000 posts to receive this, ask your Membership Supervisor for a glimpse of his/her/non binary gender copy.

What? Nicky, no 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray Dolby Vision version yet? I'm sad. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I like to picture Para as a ninja, fighting off evil samurai.

www.opspectraining.com

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I like to picture Para in a tuxedo T-shirt. 'Cause it says like, I wanna be formal but I'm here to party too. I like to party, so I like my Para to party.

Picture Para partying in paisley pants?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
This is the internet. He could be an 18 year old Asian chic for all we know. Wink

Only flaw with this logic is I joined in 2004, which would have made him/her a 4 year old Asian Chick.

A child prodigy who identifies as an eagle. Way ahead of the times! Big Grin

There is humor in the threads

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
It's all covered in The Waiver. June 2019, Platinum Members, by request, Ultimate Unrated, Director's Cut, preview Edition.

The one with the weird covers and the Moderators signatures.

If you don't have the required 5000 posts to receive this, ask your Membership Supervisor for a glimpse of his/her/non binary gender copy.

What? Nicky, no 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray Dolby Vision version yet? I'm sad. Big Grin

Now that you mention it, it is still in production.

The Boss requested it be made in black and white, of course, and read by James Cagney and Edward G. Robinson.
It is taking lots of time to gather all surviving recordings of those unforgettable stars and collect the right words, digitalize them and equalize them to the perfect pitch and tone. Naughty bits read by Rachel Ward.

Clint Eastwood was honoured to direct the project. He'll be also working on the soundtrack.
Personally, i love his taste in jazz.
Midnight in the garden of good and evil is one of my favourite OST.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]There could be more than 1 Para. You know... passing on the torch to he next worthy "forum keeper" Smile[/QUOTE]

Dread Pirate Para?

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
I have never met the boss, but he makes some funny comments. I vision him as running things behind the curtain... The Wizard

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope he gets that big stick after y'all for talkin' like that. I hope he's standing right behind you.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob at the Beach:
I have never met the boss, but he makes some funny comments.
But nothing so hilarious as "Oh, I want to post jokes here, but, somehow, I just know that they wouldn't be appreciated. Everyone here is so serious." Now, how's that for funny? Oh, sorry, I meant to say 'how's that for ridiculous', because that's what such a statement is- ridiculous.

In this and another thread on the board right now it seems as if a handful of low post count members are trying to convince you of something, doesn't it? Anyone who can't find humor in this forum couldn't find their own ass with both hands.

Here's the thing- I have have no concern whatsoever about how the members of some other forum feel about this forum. It's no business of theirs, how this board is managed. No business at all, in any way. If some member thinks they're somehow entitled to ignore the rules which are conspicuously posted in Classifieds, well, guess what? Wrong.
And if said member wants to go over to some other board and do a bit of rabble rousing- which, in turn, makes an appearance in the forum as these subtle jabs aginst me and against the tone of this board, again, I do not care. Mmmkay? You have no entitlement to access this board, post your adds on it, and bitch when your wrist is slapped for breaking the rules. Just tough shit, mmkay? Tough shit.

Just remember this, guys, the next time some low post count member wants to try to tell you how things are in this forum, and that the things they are suggesting simply do not prove out. Remember, there's an agenda behind such remarks, and it comes from outside of this forum.

I killed the last trend of this kind, after I identified it. The last trend was for some low post count member to commit some transgression, and then immediately go way overboard by pleading "Please don't ban me!!", the implication being that the big, bad, mean, mean admin bans people here without cause. Once I began calling that shit out- instead of ignoring it like I did the first half dozen times it happened, it ceased.

Well, guess what, boys?? Same thing here. It ain't gonna work. Take your false claims about this place back to your hovel and tell all your bitching, whining, meddling compadres that I said to go fuck yourselves.

SIGforum is SIGforum. Other boards do some things differently. Do you see us interfering with the way you run things, or even complaining about it? Mind your own Goddamned business, which is what we do in this forum.

The rules in Classifieds are not going to change, and anyone who does not care for my rules just needs to refrain from posting any items for sale here. No one here owes you jack shit. Classifieds exists for participating members of this forum, not as a place for bitchy, entitled people to use us solely for the free bandwidth.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para,
Please don't think that I was leaning towards a nasty attitude with my last post. I had hoped that my good natured attempt to mess with the guys that posted in good humor would be appreciated. I hadn't noticed that the leading post was in the nature that you described. I regret my involvement. Sorry, Boss.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve always had the image of Deputy Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones) from The Fugitive. Serious, no nonsense but with a capacity for quality humor.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone who can't find humor in this forum couldn't find their own ass with both hands.

LOL That right there is pretty damn funny

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
No humor in this forum? What? I see it all the time!

A lot of the humor is dry, but I like my humor dry, just like my white wine. Wink

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Perfect example of so much of the humor in the “Can I get a moderator for a second opinion” thread.
I’ve been chuckling this morning at the responses in that thread. Smile

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I’ve always had the image of Deputy Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones) from The Fugitive. Serious, no nonsense but with a capacity for quality humor.
This is Para every. day. at some of the stupid sh*t posted daily... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post