SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA 2021 cancelled
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA 2021 cancelled Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Came across about an hour ago.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Link

Too bad as I was looking forward to it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23354 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
This is extremely disappointing.
It's the one time of the year that an event that I really enjoy.
Not happy with this at all. Frown

Posts: 22965 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes
quote:
Due to concern over the safety of our NRA family and community, we regret to inform you that we have decided to cancel the 2021 Annual Meeting & Exhibits. This cancellation applies to all events and meetings that were scheduled in Houston. We will provide future notification regarding a rescheduled date for the annual Meeting of Members.

We make this difficult decision after analyzing relevant data regarding COVID-19 in Harris County, Texas. We also consulted with medical professionals, local officials, major sponsors & exhibitors, and many NRA members before arriving at this decision.

Q

Posts: 26553 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Brave guys, they are. Men with fortitude. Just exactly the kind of people we need to be leading the group who presume to be the biggest champion for our gun rights.

Cue the chorus telling me we need the NRA. Yeah, I know we need the NRA and that's the tragedy of it. Maybe Wayne will spend another three grand of your membership fees on a new suit and a piddling couple thou on a day spa, and then we'll all feel better about the shitty way the people who helm the NRA are running the organization.

Our Second Amendment rights have taken a back seat to whatever the fuck these clowns are doing these days. I don't think they care about the American gun owner anymore, except just enough to keep their cushy jobs.

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I get it - it is a good time to rail on Wayne.
But believe it or not I could (and would have) go from booth to booth for 2 1/2 or # days and not think about anything but the firearms and just enjoy that.

Posts: 22965 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, Wayne says 'no' to that for ya.

And I'm not ragging on Wayne LaPierre when I say it looks like the people at the NRA who make the big decisions care just enough to keep being overpaid. I'm stating what I believe.

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
This is extremely disappointing.
It's the one time of the year that an event that I really enjoy.
Not happy with this at all. Frown
+1

I'm not much on crowds so it's really saying something that I immensely enjoyed the Dallas annual meeting a few years back. Therefore, I was really looking forward to this one with the added bonus of being able to sleep in my own bed every night.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23354 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's a close enough drive that I was hoping to stop by for both the guns and the opportunity to kick around the idea that Wayne oughtta seek other employment opportunities.

Come to think of it, you don't think Wayne was worried that.....naahhhh.

Anyway, it wasn't so long ago that Houston and Harris County tried to exploit every trick in the book, whether Kung Flu related or not, to keep the Texas State Republican Party from holding its convention there. Ultimately they yanked permits and dragged things through court until there just wasn't time to get everything set up and the convention was changed to (an abortion of) a 'virtual' convention.

I was kinda curious to see what kind of crap the city and county would pull to zap the NRA convention or at least make it unpleasant for us to be there. There are enough Harris County Democrats who are raging gun nuts that it might not have been to bad, but, FWIW, I was pretty sure something would pop up. I guess we'll have to wait for a future pro-conservative or pro-gun event to take place there before we actually get to see what's in whatever little playbook those perennial jackasses have whipped up.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeez, if the Sturgis can happen so can the NRA show. Weak sauce Wayne, board members, and whoever else had a hand in the decision to cancel.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
In 1980, farm land was $4K/acre. They could have bought the 500+ acres on the Potomac River and had pistol, and rifle ranges, and shotgun trap and skeet fields. RV campsites, meeting rooms, archery, etc Great opportunity to promote gun safety and the shooting sports.

Good population area with Baltimore and Northern VA close by plus people traveling north/south on I95.

No, they had to spend the money on the new building when they moved out of DC. Then there was the land purchase in New Mexico.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they will start selling coffee...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43940 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The WhooHooFloo has not seemed to effect them mailing all kinds of crap to me. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16149 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, Wayne says 'no' to that for ya.

And I'm not ragging on Wayne LaPierre when I say it looks like the people at the NRA who make the big decisions care just enough to keep being overpaid. I'm stating what I believe.

you think Wayne will take back the $2,000 suits he bought (and expensed from his slush fund) to wear at the meeting??

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Jeez, if the Sturgis can happen so can the NRA show. Weak sauce Wayne, board members, and whoever else had a hand in the decision to cancel.

A significant number of large exhibitors - including SIG, S&W, Vista Outdoor, 5.11, SA, FN, Kimber, Sturm Ruger and more - all notified or were about to notify the NRA they were pulling out last week. There was quite a bit of pressure to cancel it from other exhibitors too.

With big booths just not showing up, I'm not sure they had a choice. Domino effect.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well they did manage to keep Wayne at the trough.

https://home.nra.org/statement...lapierre-re-elected/

Posts: 779 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Brave guys, they are. Men with fortitude. Just exactly the kind of people we need to be leading the group who presume to be the biggest champion for our gun rights.

Cue the chorus telling me we need the NRA. Yeah, I know we need the NRA and that's the tragedy of it. Maybe Wayne will spend another three grand of your membership fees on a new suit and a piddling couple thou on a day spa, and then we'll all feel better about the shitty way the people who helm the NRA are running the organization.

Our Second Amendment rights have taken a back seat to whatever the fuck these clowns are doing these days. I don't think they care about the American gun owner anymore, except just enough to keep their cushy jobs.

Don't forget the Brownell brothers that own another popular site. They sold tons of product to the NRA at who knows how much profit?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I recall the gun show I exhibited at in Morgantown, PA several months ago and somebody at my tables exclaimed the amount of people in there was a super spreader event. To which I replied "you are looking at freedom loving patriots" If you feel endangered you might want to leave, quickly.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8407 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Wayne is probably quite relieved...he doesn't have to face the members at the meeting.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have not been to a NRA meet for 50 years. Last was in Portland. Was a guest of the Garcia/Sako rep.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6331 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post