SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good places to buy air line/hose?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good places to buy air line/hose? Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted
I'm going to be setting up a set of air horns and I need some relatively flexible air line. I've heard good things about Goodyear's hose which supposedly some Ace Hardware/Tractor supply stores sell by the foot but mine don't. Anyone know any other stores that might?

Looking online only shows pre-made hoses. I need 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" in black.

Posts: 6352 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Would your local Fastenal shop be helpful?

God bless America.

Posts: 13516 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Fastenal is probably a good suggestion. Around here we have Contractor’s Maintenance where they sell and make up all kinds of hoses. Additionally a truck parts store or maybe even an auto parts store could be helpful.
Good luck on your search!

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I buy that sort of thing for my business, from Pirtek.

There is a list of their locations on their website.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I buy that sort of thing for my business, from Pirtek.

There is a list of their locations on their website.

A few years ago I needed fuel and hose fittings when replacing the primary fuel filter assembly on my Motoerhomes Cummings M11 diesel with a different brand and model filter and pump.
I stumbled on Pirtek.
I drove there and found them extremely accommodating to a non-pro. They spent a long time helping me buy a few fittings that I'm sure they did not make a bunch of money on.
I too would highly recommend them.

Posts: 4635 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yes, armored, they are helpful. The big, maybe 20' high by 40' wide, heavy, got to be at least 1,000 pounds, door in front of the hangar is raised by a hydraulic system.

Leaky hose fitting. Pirtek guy came, fabricated new hoses on location, climbed into his bucket truck, replaced the hoses at the top of the door, bled the air out of the system. Fixed it so that the door was no longer pissing hydraulic fluid on the floor.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about fuel hose? Your local parts store should have it behind the counter by the foot. Probably air as well.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Check out flexzilla hose. I can buy it at the local ace. Cut to length and attach ends. It’s pretty fantastic hose. You can usually find it online as well.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Just get the sizes you need from NAPA.

Ask for air brake tubing.
Get the QD fittings and it's pretty easy to assemble.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight has a full line of air hose, in good/better/best.

The quality for the top hoses is very nice, as is the price.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Determine the spec's you need then buy a high quality version online.
As mentioned, fuel hose other may be your best option.

Posts: 9535 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've actually put a lot of heavy use in a shop setting with hoses from Harbor Freight. The hoses were 50' and 100' that got dragged, run over and fairly beaten up. I only had one cut through, and repaired it, but saw a lot of use on those the hoses. Others were constantly borrowing them, and I ended up leaving several in the shop.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The easy way out is to get some tubing in the sizes you need. 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4" is available by the foot.
The same stuff it was designed to be plumbed with.

Push in fittings makes it plug and play.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/...114?impressionRank=1

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Hydraulic hose shops usually have air lines for trucks as well.

Posts: 3232 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
McMaster-Carr or Grainger will have it.

Posts: 1974 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Boeing or Lockheed Martin........

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Don’t get anything from The Acme Company.

Their stuff will get you hurt bad.

Just ask that poor Roadrunner. They always mess him up real badly. Razz Big Grin Smile

But seriously: Horn Blaster parts link

Posts: 11859 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, the tank will be here tomorrow. Once I get that I'll head over to my local fastenal first to see if they have what I need.

I have to figure out the number/size of the ports on it first.

Posts: 6352 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kept Bum
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight.

"It does not require many words to speak the truth.".....Chief Joseph

https://pbase.com/shellyva/image/171613535

Posts: 88 | Location: Out there, somewhere | Registered: May 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post