SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help in choosing seat covers for a car
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help in choosing seat covers for a car Login/Join 
posted
We recently purchased a new vehicle and am looking to put some front seat covers on the chairs to prevent the wearing down/eventual tearing of the original seat material. I don't really need anything that is water proof, as I don't have a Jeep or a truck, but have been looking at some neoprene seat covers as they seem pretty rugged. I want to get some that are made to the car and not some generic ones you find in any store due to fitment issues and especially the airbag(s) placement. Anyone have a preference for a certain type and why you chose them would be helpful,thanks.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Cover King or Wetokole. I have had both and would rate the Wetokle as best of the two.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3695 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wet Okole.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for something that will look top notch, take a look at the Clazzio. They are custom fit for specific vehicles so not all are available. Pricey but they look like factory fit.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
another vote for Wet Okole

have bought 3 sets over the years

they are pricey but well made

they do give off a neoprene (wetsuit material) smell when new if that's an issue

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Neoprene doesn’t breathe very well, just keep that in mind. I had Wet Okole before. Currently don’t have any, generally just paid with a towel or blanket when I’m worried about the dog or kids getting messy.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I don't know what vehicle you have but I'm happy with my Cahartt seat covers.

Rugged and tough so you can beat the hell out of them. Pull them out and wash them and they get better with age...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3490 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I don't know what vehicle you have but I'm happy with my Cahartt seat covers.

Rugged and tough so you can beat the hell out of them. Pull them out and wash them and they get better with age...

I second these. I'm on my second pair, the first pair lasted about 14 years.

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Wet Okole.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3977 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Wet Okole or Wet Ass. Same thing.

Posts: 3466 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of Wey Okole for my mother's car years ago and wasn't sure if anything else has changed or is better.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Wet Okole seem to be the best of them. I’ve had them in my ‘16 4Runner here since it was new. Nobody notices they’re covers and they look better than the cloth they’re protecting in my opinion.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
If you don't have a Jeep or truck, and are just trying to protect against normal wear and tear...

Why not enjoy the seats? Clean them regularly. Condition with Lexol if leather, protect with Scotchgard if fabric. IF the seats wear out, THEN cover up the tears with a seat cover.

Covering now pretty much just ensures that the NEXT person who buys your car will have nice seats, but you don't ever really get to enjoy having the new car to yourself.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
If you don't have a Jeep or truck, and are just trying to protect against normal wear and tear...

Why not enjoy the seats? Clean them regularly. Condition with Lexol if leather, protect with Scotchgard if fabric. IF the seats wear out, THEN cover up the tears with a seat cover.

Covering now pretty much just ensures that the NEXT person who buys your car will have nice seats, but you don't ever really get to enjoy having the new car to yourself.

In my case I wasn’t in love with the pattern on the cloth that came with my 4Runner & prefered all black Wet Okoles in a white truck. The fact that I can drive home from snorkeling in a wet swimsuit is gravy. I find a motorcycle easiest to get around with here so the 4Runner will likely be a desirable low mileage when I sell it and “new” seats add to the value. When I bought it I got 17k for a ten year old ‘06 TRD 4X4 Off Road Pro Tacoma I bought for 28k and put just 70k miles on.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wet Okole are great seat covers. Highly recommended.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 531 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I use simpler covers. They are drapes, that fit over the basic seat. They are

https://www.amazon.com/Waterpr...f_=sb_s_sparkle_slot

Works for protection. Easy to launder.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5057 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Consider this before spending a penny on seat covers. I drive a 2001 Ford truck as my daily driver. After almost 20 years and over 130k miles, the fabric on my driver's seat finally looks bad enough to warrant repairing due to wear. The local guy I use for upholstery work quoted me $295 to recover the seat. Now look at the prices for Wet Okeole (and other) seat covers which will not survive 20 years of abuse.

Keep a beach towel (or two) in the car and throw throw them over a seat whenever necessary, then wash and repeat. Your seats will survive just fine and look good without shelling out money for 'custom' seat covers.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Carhartt seat covers for my RAM. I love them. They are custom to the vehicle and built like a tank.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My employer bought Dura EZ for his fleet. Well made and install pretty good. Doesn't seem to be the skin tight fit of some other brands.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re he “Wet Okole” brand, are they appropriate for hot humid climates? Do they cause sweating?

Those of you who reccommend Carhartt: Which ones do you use? I noticed there appears to be more than one fabric.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post