SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need new tires, Thinking about michelin crossclimate 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need new tires, Thinking about michelin crossclimate 2 Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Need new tires for the car. Thinking about michelin crossclimate 2. Are they worth the price?

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m mostly a Michelin fanboy, recently LTX for my Sierra. I don’t know those tires, maybe check reviews at Tirerack.

Much of the time you get what you pay for, then some rotation at times. Just by spitballing, I’d rate them above cheap Uniroyals(sp?) from Walmart.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Go to tirerack.com, great place to do research and read reviews.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I have the Michelin Crossclimate 2 tires on a Subaru Outback. They only have around 3500 miles on them so far, but I'm happy with them. We used them on a roadtrip to the Great Smoky Mountains, and they performed well on the highways and gravel/dirt mountain roads. They're unidirectional tires. They're quieter and seem to resist hydroplaning better than the Yokohama Avid tires that came on the car from the factory. I got mine through Costco for quite a bit cheaper than I could find elsewhere at the time.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Over priced. I am not a fanboy of Michelin. The ones I have had in the past did not last well at all. I will be hard pressed to ever buy another set. ymmv

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
If it’s street tires, you can’t go wrong with Michelin. I’m a huge fan of Michelin tires and it’s all I ran on my cars. I wouldn’t buy their all terrain tires, and they don’t offer an aggressive off road tire. If they did, I’d be wrapped in those.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
We just put a set on a 2015 Ford Edge Titanium.
They have been great so far.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I had 1st gen Cross Climates on my Lexus GS400 and liked them.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
They are on my radar for when the time comes.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pilot Sport AS3+ on our Flex - Fantastic & highly recommend
Defender on my Malibu - Good so far (came on the car) but less grippy & more prone to slippage from a stop in the wet. But, the Defender have a very generous warranty.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have a 2019 Honda Passport the came with Continentals. I liked them for winter traction. I drove really snowy/icy roads with them a couple of times and felt safe. They were quiet and lasted 37,000. Not bad for factory tires.

I recently put a set of CC tires on the Passport's 20" wheels. $1,100 at Discount Tires. I immediately found them substantially quieter than the continentals. Very, very noticeable. Obviously I can't judge the winter performance but I'm a happy driver.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I have the Michelin Crossclimate 2 tires on a Subaru Outback. They only have around 3500 miles on them so far, but I'm happy with them. We used them on a roadtrip to the Great Smoky Mountains, and they performed well on the highways and gravel/dirt mountain roads. They're unidirectional tires. They're quieter and seem to resist hydroplaning better than the Yokohama Avid tires that came on the car from the factory. I got mine through Costco for quite a bit cheaper than I could find elsewhere at the time.

Get back to us after a few rotations… had uni’s on my outback and forester in the past…they DID NOT wear well staying on one side. Word is SUBIES need to criss-cross on rotations and I agree.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sgalczyn,

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm cross shopping now between the CrossClimate 2, the Nokian WR G4 and the General AltiMAX 365 AW.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New truck in March 2018. Clicked over 40K this spring and it was obvious I would need new tires by fall. Let my local tire dealer know what I needed, he called to tell me that Michelin had a rebate deal going on the Defender XLS ($70 off per tire at the time). I set up an appointment and he placed the order for the tires.

Four new tires 265-70R-18, Michelin Defender XLS, mounted, balanced, dispose of old tires (Yeah, a Colorado "green" thing), road hazard warranty, sales taxes, out the door for $913 (OK, 10% discount for veterans and my truck has Purple Heart plates). Regular price was about $1400.

3 weeks and about 450 miles later I am liking the new tires. Quiet on the highway, solid on the pavement, good control under any conditions I have encountered (including some ugly thunderstorm activity with street flooding). I have 4WD but I don't do any off-road playing unless I really have to.

My point is to establish a relationship with a local businessman and let him help you while helping himself. I could have waited until winter, but the deal was there so I took it when it was available.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not tried the CrossClimate2s (doesn't come in the specific tire sizes that we need) but I've used the Pilot Sport A/S 2s on one of our cars, Pilot Sport PS2s on another. Very satisfied and impressed by their on-road performances to date. Great wear characteristics, solid dry performance and with the Pilot Sport A/S they've been very good in the wet as well.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(K,Na)(Fe+++,Al,Mg)2
(Si,Al)4 O10(OH)2
Picture of Munch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I'm cross shopping now between the CrossClimate 2, the Nokian WR G4 and the General AltiMAX 365 AW.

I have used the Nokian WRs for many years. My preferred all-weather tire.

Posts: 859 | Location: north central Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting this thread. Just happened to actually read a Costco email and they have $150 off a set of 4 Cross Climate 2s. I pulled the trigger. Been researching them for a while. I could get a few more months out of the tires I have now, but as they say, winter is coming. I had these in my cart at the local tire place and just had been waiting to get a little more life out of my tires.

Well I saved $150 and going to NH for install saves me tax as well. Hope they work out. Reviews all seem great online. These are for my Subaru Crosstrek.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Had a new set of Cross Climate 2 put on shortly after starting this thread. Been very pleased with the set I got. Far better than the previous toyo and bridgestone sets of tires I had on car before.

Ride quality is much better. Had a bunch of heavy rain for about a week now, hydroplaning is much improved compared to previous 2 sets on my car in heavy rain. I'm sold on Cross Climate 2 for a car here in the PNW.

Be nice if michelin made a version for pickup trucks.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Munch:
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

I have used the Nokian WRs for many years. My preferred all-weather tire.

Nokian is almost always the answer short of extreme off-road use. Especially if you have any winter.

Posts: 516 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the Michelin deal on Crossclimate2 tires expired yesterday, and I missed it. Crap.

I may still get the tires, so I have better tires for the rainy weather, and not have to worry about not being able to get them later.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post