SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quick interior house painting question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick interior house painting question Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Repainting interior of house to get ready to put on market. Going with a nice neutral color throughout. G/f says my bathrooms should be the same color as everything else. I think the baths should be something different.

My master bathroom is a nice light blue right now. The other is a light pastel green.

I get that you want a "blank slate"'for prospective buyers, but every room the same color??? Seems weird to me.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16191 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I would make them the same color as everything else, just to save the expense of buying different paint.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
I would make them the same color as everything else, just to save the expense of buying different paint.

I agree. Most reasonable people wont look at paint as a deal breaker, particularly right now with the market being absolutely insane.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9698 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Yes, make it a "pink space" as they say in commercial leased space. Everything primer white.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends.

How much work are you willing to put in to the whole staging of the house.

A well stage house brings on average 10 to 15 percent over an unstaged one.

If you have any newly built homes or complexes in your area, go see the models.

You will rarely find a white interior.

Everything will be coordinated.

I just toured a new condo complex, everything was coordinated in greys in the model,
the walls, furniture, accessories.

If you are not going through the effort of staging I would do the same as the rest of the house and go for the blank canvas look.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
The absolute best Realtor I ever met told me that it didn't matter what color you paint it, the new buyer won't like it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:

That depends, bathroom paint should have some gloss in it (due to the humidity) and be at least an eggshell paint (not flat). I like bathrooms a different color than the house......but if you're painting to sell, go really light on bathroom colors (close to white) as it will make them as bright as possible......Could be a very light grey, beige etc. whichever accents the tile

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post