SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know anything about the Suburu Crosstrek? Update Page 2, got one.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know anything about the Suburu Crosstrek? Update Page 2, got one. Login/Join 
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
I went and did it...I traded my '03 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4WD TRD on Monday for a '20 Subaru Crosstrek Limited in cool grey khaki.

Wow I was surprised to See this thread resurrected after a year. I wanted the cool gray khaki until I got to the dealer and it looked very much like baby blue and very girlish. However having seen plenty of them on the street now I sort of regret getting the silver. The cool gray khaki looks much better in normal light than it does in side the dealers bright lights. Anyhow I still love the car. About my only criticism is there could be more hidden storage spaces for things like jumper cables and parts I use for my roof racks.

Yep, the color can be considered girlish, which I don't mind since my wife will also be driving it AND she just ABSOLUTELY loves the color.

I briefly looked into the spare tire well when the dealer went over the vehicle. I didn't get to see if there was an area in there to stow some cables. I will go check that out tomorrow during the day, and it would be really nice if there was room for cable AND a small electric air pump.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1174 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
... cable AND a small electric air pump.
In my '08 Impreza there is room for a couple of screwdrivers. Not much else. Small stuff.

The only *true* repair I've needed, and even this can be considered wear-n-tear, are front control arm bushings. Clearly needed when I re-acquired the car in 2019 @ 72k miles. Now at 90k miles, she is at the bottom of her depreciation curve and will be going to a SIL and her brood shortly.

I've saved PDFs of my preferred Impreza / Crosstrek Base / Premium / Limited builds. By the time the cars are where I want them the price difference is about the cost of a decent music festival weekend.

Hear tell there is a new engine coming out for the Crosstrek. My '08 Impreza carries a non-turbo 2.5L engine & 4EAT 4-speed automatic transmission w/ sports shift. Very sporty, indeed. Like a go-cart. I've been praying for acceptance of the 2.0L and CVT but even vespers 5x a week are not helping.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Here is the cool grey khaki out on a drive today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ftttu,

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1174 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised you guys are getting over 30 in your Subaru’s. I’ve owned Subaru’s since the 80’s, most recently an Outback with the 6 cylinder and right now a 2018 forester XT with 2.0 turbo. I’ve never seen 30, even on the highway. I get around 25 max. I also don’t use the computer generated mpg indicator, it’s very optimistic and although I know it can be adjusted it never has been. I’m curious if you guys have verified mpg by hand and compare to the computer?

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I agree with mrvmax...

We've averaged 23.16mpg in our 4-cyl Outback in 64,636 miles of driving since May 2015. I track all our expenses using an app entitled Road Trip.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
I get 27-28 in my 2016 Crosstrek commuting to work (no highway) and easily 32-33 on highway trips. Mileage is fantastic.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I drive an OB H6 but try to keep on the other models.

Back in Feb Subie said they were thinking of putting the non-turbo H4 in the Crosstrek.

Silence until yesterday when the EPA published the city and highway mileage figures and it's all good news.

The 182 HP engine from the OB gets 1 mpg better highway than the Crosstrek but 1 mpg less in the city, using the CVT.

The engine will only be available on the high trim models.

If you love the XV but wanted 35 more hp for on-ramps, passes and mountains, it's coming in the Fall.

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2013 WRX hatchback, it went in to the dealership in September for an airbag recall. The loner car I first got was a 2019 Crosstrek. It was the mid trim level.

I didn't drive it very much as I was recovering from a kidney stone attack. But I was impressed with the vehicle overall.

I didn't mind the CVT transmission that much, but you have to really watch what you were doing, as in you would be haulin' ass before you knew it.

It handed well, not as good as my WRX, but it was enjoyable on the twisty back roads that I live on.

I don't know what the MPG on the Crosstrek is, but I average 24 MPG on back country highways going back and forth to work, that's pulling two very steep hills that to maintain the 25 to 35 mph you have to down shift into third gear on my WRX. I get somewhere between 31 and 35 MPG highway depending on if it's flat or not.

Last year I drove to Indianapolis for the NRA convention, 200+ mile round trip and got 35 MPG. If I keep my big toe out of the throttle, I get responsible fuel mileage.

I have owned my WRX for almost three years, and all that I have had to do is basic maintenance. It has been the most trouble free, and almost the most fun vehicle that I have ever owned.

My bestfriend has an Outback with a CVT and it gets about the same MPG I do, and it has been trouble free the whole time she's had it. It's a 2014.

Another friend has a 2015 base Forester and it to has been trouble free.

I have become a big fan of the whole Subaru line. I got a 2019 Subaru Legacy Sport as a loner car another time my WRX was in the dealership. I was very impressed with the car overall. I told my friend that if Subaru came out with s turbo version with a little better handling, I believe that it would be a top seller. Packed with features and under $30,000.00. I don't know why there isn't more of them on the road.

For 2020, Subaru came out with a turbo version. It's suppose to be a real sleeper. Unfortunately it's CVT only, but it's not that bad by the test drivers that I have read/watched. I hope that it sells well, and Subaru ups it's performance, maybe a STi trim level.

I would love to see a STi Crosstrek in the States. That would be something that I would love to have.

ARman

Posts: 3152 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post