SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ted Nugent stopped by last night....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ted Nugent stopped by last night.... Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
The service dog organization that I am involved with had our annual gala last night. Ted Nugent and his beautiful wife Shemane stopped by to greet many of the veterans who were present. Here he is with the newest puppy in our program:

Ted was Ted and he didn't hold back on his views. The vets loved it and got a big kick out of meeting him.

The community really came out to support us and we raised a little over $600,000 (not a typo!!!) to help us continue to train and place service dogs with disabled veterans.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Good on you working on your project. Was just visiting a gal outside our grocery store from K9 for Vets or something like that. Had a big shepherd that gave me full belly within 2 seconds. They match dogs with vets with PTSD. Must have spent about 10 minutes talking to her. And of course left a nice donation!

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good work.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Cool story and thank you for what you are doing.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
link to the service dog org?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54503 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
link to the service dog org?

PAWS Assistance Dogs

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Well done ChicagoSigMan, and Love the Ted!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Incredible work. Good for TN. He showed up and the Vets loved it. Good enough for me. That is very cool. I like him, Fwiw.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The look on that pup's face cracks me up.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
awesome

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Cool! That rocks...

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
and a puppy!!

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I'm glad to see Uncle Ted involved! On this side of Florida, Nicko Mcbrain gets involved With similar organizations.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
The expression on that pups face is like someone help me, this guy is actually kissing me and has his hand on my butt!!!!

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
He's got a stranglehold on that thar' pup!

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I think the pup knows instinctively that most encounters between Ted and an animal don't usually end very well for the animal.

He was much happier being held by Shemane. Smile

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigmule:
He's got a stranglehold on that thar' pup!

He he. I saw what you did there. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow Ted and Shemane were very busy last night, I just saw them on the spirit of the wild tv show last night..lol.
Glad you guys made some money for your organization.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post