SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winning $344.6 million Powerball ticket sold at North Carolina grocery store
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winning $344.6 million Powerball ticket sold at North Carolina grocery store Login/Join 
posted
call your uncle's ,sisters and cousins, to check their tickets

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54648 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
crazy

grew up like 10 miles from there

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
I'd be tickled with 1/344th of the winnings! Big Grin

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Oh well, guess I gotta pin my hopes on the MegaMillions.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:

My belief if that most Americans would be in a decent place financially if they had about $325,000 gifted to them.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:

My belief if that most Americans would be in a decent place financially if they had about $325,000 gifted to them.

It's nice to think that, but I think most would have serious problems after a windfall like that. Marital issues would ensue when the couple couldn't agree on what to do with it. And if anyone else found out about, they'd have their hands out, and then be very chapped if denied a loan or a gift. I've read stories about lotto winners finding neighbors' mortgage bills on their windshields, asking them to pay it for them. Even if there were no tax consequences, there would be a lot of issues for most people.

My destitute aunt "borrowed" against her inheritance while my grandmother was still alive. How do you think she reacted when the estate was all settled and, after her debt was forgiven, she still owed $12k in taxes, which my not-destitute mom wouldn't pay for her? Aunt got a $100k free gift, pissed it away while their mom was still alive, and is now cleaning hotel rooms to pay those taxes while being pissed at my mom.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Most of the folks who could handle that kind of windfall without letting it totally screw up their lives don’t play the lottery.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Most of the folks who could handle that kind of windfall without letting it totally screw up their lives don’t play the lottery.

Yep. Having spent a fair amount of time working a job that involved selling lottery tickets, the “pro lotto players” seemed to generally be losers in more ways than one.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Oh well, guess I gotta pin my hopes on the MegaMillions.

Big Grin Big Grin
because a $20million powerball pay out just wouldn't be enough
Big Grin Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54648 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
This guy is making himself very vulnerable. He made his claim publicly and quickly without giving any thought to long term planning. He should have created a trust and remained anonymous.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post