SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members like P-220 make this place great.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members like P-220 make this place great. Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
Yesterday, P-220 sponsored me to join the OGCA, even paying for my guest pass. I'm currently working crazy hours and he agreed to meet me at the show. I've known him almost the entire time I've been a member here. Thanks Steve, you're a stand up guy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I like Steve! Smile

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Steve is an awesome guy. He's a credit to this forum.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Years ago Steve loaned me his sight pusher through the mail. Very trusting and appreciated gesture!

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I've not met him, yet. We go and eat over by where he lives a couple times a week. He does seem to know a lot about the guns we like.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Steve is a good one.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Nothing but respect here for P220. Guy is a admirable human being who I am pleased to have met. I owe you a case of .45 practice ammo sir. You can leave the brass on the ground.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I've not had the pleasure of meeting Steve, but I sure enjoy his pictures. His collection is amazing.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Evan, it was good to see you again. I am confident you will be pleased with your membership.

Thank you for all the kind words, I consider it a privilege to be a member here.

One interesting note from the show. Evan was carrying a rifle we wants to have re-barreled. There was a sign on the gun, indicating it was not for sale, but in need of a Gunsmith.

He had several people approach him about the rifle. It was encouraging to me that 2 of those who approached him and talked about this rifle, were both in (I am guessing) their early 20's. There was genuine interest in this 100+ yr. old rifle. This was not some race ready, master blaster that you will see in a John Wick (and I love John Wick) movie, but rather a piece of history. I say it was encouraging because, my perception is that there are fewer and fewer of the younger generation who appreciate not just guns in general, but guns from so long ago.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post