SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    G&R's November Rain' Is The Oldest Song With A Billion YouTube Views
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G&R's November Rain' Is The Oldest Song With A Billion YouTube Views Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I'd normally post this in The Lair, but a billion views - that is pretty damn impressive and hopefully worthy of wider discussion.

Man the 90's was a great time to be alive for good Rock/Roll.

So much energy and emotion in this video. It took me years to notice the mirror by here face in the coffin to communicate that she shot herself. Never cracks a smile throughout the wedding...just an amazing piece of work.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I'd normally post this in The Lair, but a billion views - that is pretty damn impressive and hopefully worthy of wider discussion.

Man the 90's was a great time to be alive for good Rock/Roll.

So much energy and emotion in this video. It took me years to notice the mirror by here face in the coffin to communicate that she shot herself. Never cracks a smile throughout the wedding...just an amazing piece of work.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8SbUC-UaAxE" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

A billion is truly impressive.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2040 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
A great song and a great band. Wonder how much better they would have become if they hadn't let the drugs and their egos get in the way?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It was/is a great song.

quote:
Man the 90's was a great time to be alive for good Rock/Roll

Always a great time when the song(s) are great.
Not knocking the nineties but the seventies were much better.
I guess you are influenced at whatever time you grew up in.
Hey, great R&R is great R&R - no complaints here.

[bob seger]
Just take those old records off the shelf
I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself
Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll

[/bob seger]

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of all kinds of music and I love hard rock- Zeppelin, Bad Company, AC/DC, Sabbath, Van Halen, etc. But for the life of me, I could never understand the appeal of G&R. And I have heard all of their hits. Axl just grated on me, his voice and image, and I really don't mind a screechy high voice either. The whole package just didn't work for me.

But a billion hits is pretty damn good, especially if one is not named Swift, PSY, Bieber, or Mars.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
They are one of those bands that I like one song ("Civil War") from and can take or leave or outright hate the others.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
They are one of those bands that I like one song ("Civil War") from and can take or leave or outright hate the others.

That is a great tune!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a G&R fan at all - but I do like that song a lot.

It reminds me of a gal I dated back then. It was a happy / sad relationship.

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I'm a fan of all kinds of music and I love hard rock- Zeppelin, Bad Company, AC/DC, Sabbath, Van Halen, etc. But for the life of me, I could never understand the appeal of G&R. And I have heard all of their hits. Axl just grated on me, his voice and image, and I really don't mind a screechy high voice either. The whole package just didn't work for me.

+1 And that video is absolutely absurd.

-Loungechair

Posts: 676 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm a fan of all kinds of music and I love hard rock- Zeppelin, Bad Company, AC/DC, Sabbath, Van Halen, etc. But for the life of me, I could never understand the appeal of G&R. And I have heard all of their hits. Axl just grated on me, his voice and image, and I really don't mind a screechy high voice either. The whole package just didn't work for me. ...
I'm with you. I've never made it through an entire GnR song. The popularity of a lot of the 90s music didn't make lots of sense to me. I have a theory with the bell curve graphing popularity and mediocrity.

If they got a penny for each stream they'd be well paid. A billion views make me wonder if there were boobs in the video.

Posts: 45565 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
..I could never understand the appeal of G&R...

Yep, their sound, their look, their demeanor, the music itself, yikes. I'm a sucker for good rock, G&R may be the most unlistenable big name group ever IMO.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8562 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
... G&R may be the most unlistenable big name group ever IMO.
Worse than Pearl Jam or DMB?

Apologies to Ronin, I'm not saying anyone shouldn't like GnR. Smile I'm surely pleased they found success and this is a huge milestone.

Of course, nobody should like Pearl Jam and if you do, you're wrong. Big Grin

Posts: 45565 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Of course, nobody should like Pearl Jam and if you do, you're wrong. Big Grin

Probably the second most unlistenable. Frown

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8562 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't care for this track, but 1 Billion is certainly impressive.

I do like the debut album and those acoustic jams like Patience.

quote:
nobody should like Pearl Jam and if you do, you're wrong. Big Grin

Tasteless Ogre.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of G&R and I have to admit, I'd never heard this song. Confused

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Hating on GnR? Damn!

Appetite for Destruction is one of the greatest rock albums ever!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10755 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Hating on GnR? Damn!

Appetite for Destruction is one of the greatest rock albums ever!

I second this opinion!

Posts: 377 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
November Rain is a great song; however, a billion YouTube views doesn't mean squat. Justin Bieber's Baby has nearly twice the views as November Rain. In fact, there's a lot of garbage with over a billion views on YouTube. So celebrate the song but not the "accomplishment."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18094 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
GnR is second only to Metallica and just ahead of Journey for my favorite rock bands.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
GnR is second only to Metallica and just ahead of Journey for my favorite rock bands.

I put Journey just ahead of Dave Matthews for being the worst band ever. That is just pure crap that they spew out

NRA Life Member

Posts: 248 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post