SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    On Patrol (Live PD) Last Night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On Patrol (Live PD) Last Night Login/Join 
posted
Did anyone see the episode last night? That useless female deputy in Berkeley County allowing that woman to get pummeled in the car without going hands on? When the taser doesnt work you MUST go hands on. Ask, Tell, Make. Her administration should pull her off the street. ZERO officer presence to begin with...total soup sandwich.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
I saw that last night, and am not sure what else she could have done. IMO, she was playing too nice at first. When the guy got out the passenger side, she was still talking nice to him. Then he walked over to the drivers side, got in, and started swinging. Now, she probably should have tried to arrest him as he got out of the car, but, I'm not a cop, and never had to worry about PC* (Probable Cause) much. Her, probably a lot. My biggest surprise was that the victim didn't get hurt, or at least show any marks of being attacked.

She had a large crowd around her, so that factored in, I am sure. Towards the end of the confrontation, some bystander helped her, by pulling the guy out of the car and onto the ground. She had no idea if the crowd was going to get angry, or help. Luckily they helped.

She seems like a newer person being followed by the new On Patrol cameras, but everything I have seen from her has been controlled, de-escalating, well mannered, and professional.

Being by yourself in a violently increasing situation is nothing to sneeze at. Most folks freeze. I think she kept calm, and took care of the problem. Calling for her to be pulled off the street, seems to me, over the top. Maybe I missed something?

*ETA: I did deal with PC on multiple arrests, however, my PC was different from a Police/Sheriff PC, as a bounty hunter. There were certain things I can/could do, that Police/Sheriff couldn't, and vice versa.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigpond73,

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4933 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I saw that as well. It seemed to me she handled things very well up until she missed the guy getting out of the car and walking around to the drivers side. I could see that going really bad if she had jumped in there without back up on scene. Not to mention the girlfriend didn't even want to press charges after the guy was beating her up. In the other times she has been featured she seems to defuse situations really well.

Posts: 673 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Yes, the gathered crowd was fairly large and their sentiment was not apparent at first. She was trying to keep an eye on the guy and the crowd and had already radioed for backup, but things were getting out of hand too quickly.
Glad the crowd was on her side...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3927 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that woman that got pummeled didn't want to press charges. If she stays with him she is going to get it again. What an idiot!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post