SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TRAITOR...plain TRAITOR...John Lindh to be set free
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TRAITOR...plain TRAITOR...John Lindh to be set free Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
I'm surprised he wasn't put down when they found him.
I think it was the novelty / intelligence they hoped to gain from him honestly, being an American and wanting to see how he got there.

I think if that happened today, we'd never hear about it. A $0.20 bullet would end it in a dark corner of the world.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I don’t understand how he wasn’t Dahmered while in prison.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4838 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
While it would do my heart good to see him get it, why would the Irish want to have at him? I understand why we want him gone but I dont understand the Irish reason. Can someone help me out here?

My guess:

1 - There are strong financial ties to Ireland among Irish communities in America.

2 - Certain factions in Ireland do not like traitors.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This motherfucker is getting out day after tomorrow. And his current attitude?

quote:
Furthermore, he is alleged to have told a TV producer last March that he would “continue to spread violent extremism Islam upon his release.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ame...militant-to-be-freed

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16708 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Once he goes to Ireland, his US passport will be canceled, he'll never be allowed into the US again, probably nowhere in the rest of the EU either, and he'll be closely watched by a lot of people just itching to catch him screwing up.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thoughts, i will stipulate i am not being snarky. If you are convicted of spying for another country ilqnd you are a us citizen. I would split the sentance. So first half in prison where we get every dribble of information from you. After that we fly you to the country you spied for, revoke your us citizen ship, and toss your ass out an airplane at 40000 ft sans chute . If you live good on you, if you dont well fuck you

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He should have never been 'captured'.

I'm sure there have been others, but you never hear about them these days.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I would think he should die in the Islamic fashion, a scabbard to the neck.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8358 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Once he goes to Ireland, his US passport will be canceled, he'll never be allowed into the US

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 10:59 AM PT — Tuesday, May 21, 2019

"Otero County, New Mexico Sheriff David Black is pointing out the danger in pulling border agents away from security missions. An estimated 50-percent of agents have now been pulled from various inland posts to process, transport and care for asylum-seekers. This comes as an estimated 800 migrants are arriving in the region each day.

Some believe the migrant influx has served as a so-called “smoke screen” for cartels, whose criminal activity has sky rocketed."

https://www.oann.com/n-m-sheri...-lights-for-cartels/

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
drones over Dublin anyone?

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
He's not going to Ireland. The terms of his release do not allow him international travel. He cannot get a passport.

For some reason, the government is determined to keep him here

quote:
Once he goes to Ireland, his US passport will be canceled, he'll never be allowed into the US again, probably nowhere in the rest of the EU either, and he'll be closely watched by a lot of people just itching to catch him screwing up.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
perhaps the CIA can find him again

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53192 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
He's not going to Ireland. The terms of his release do not allow him international travel. He cannot get a passport.

quote:

I don't know how determined the Irish gov't. is about this, but they could give him a passport and request a one-way trip for him. I think Israel is doing this for Jonathan Pollard when he's done with his house arrest in NYC.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
He's going to be the top entry on any no fly list. I have a feeling whoever handles federal post release supervision is going to keep him on a VERY short leash. If he tries to leave, he's going straight back to prison.

If we're not going to whack this skel, part of me thinks we should just put him on a plane to Dublin, revoke his citizenship, and be done with him.

And yes, I have no idea why Ireland would want him. At least Pollard was spying for Israel. They owed him.

quote:
quote:

quote:

I don't know how determined the Irish gov't. is about this, but they could give him a passport and request a one-way trip for him. I think Israel is doing this for Jonathan Pollard when he's done with his house arrest in NYC.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
It would be very nice if a real life Mitch Rapp type would pay a social call to this fucker.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If we're not going to whack this skel, part of me thinks we should just put him on a plane to Dublin, revoke his citizenship, and be done with him.
Agreed.

You want him, you got him. Put him on every No Fly list, Denied Entry, etc.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have to admit, it would be interesting to know if he's in contact with anyone who's still active. He's just dumb enough and vain enough to go walking right up to someone the FBI would dearly love to know about.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shitstain applied and received Irish citizenship through his grandmother while in prison. His release stipulates no passports, no foreign travel, no foreign language, limited screen time and a host of other restrictions. He should get one behind the ear.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/ar...merican-13869675.php

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting as an academic question... How could a US District Judge prevent the Irish Government from giving him an Irish Passport? He's damn sure not able to fly commercially (at least I hope), but coupled with said Irish Passport, there's nothing that would prevent a private carrier from whisking him away. Arguably even more so if said carrier were not US-flagged.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
Interesting as an academic question... How could a US District Judge prevent the Irish Government from giving him an Irish Passport?

He can't stop the Irish .gov from doing a damn thing, but he can order Lindh to not seek, obtain, or possess one as a condition of his Supervised Release. Violate, and go back to the BoP.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post