SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When is picking on drugged up people ( post surgery ) a bad thing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When is picking on drugged up people ( post surgery ) a bad thing? Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I thought for sure it was going to be this one.
https://youtu.be/V5NUBAwvUlU
NSFW

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
this one is funny

Millicent after dentist

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11477 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
It looks like mom was holding the phone and doing the videotaping, so I guess she put it out there and is okay with it, which explains the daughter, who looks 15-16 to me.

As the father of a teenage girl, I would be very disappointed and hurt to hear her talk like that, but so would my wife. I doubt it would happen, but then again we wouldn't video something like this and find it humorous. They are free to raise their child with the values they see fit, but I find this video and what it represents to be a negative on society.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

<snip>

As the father of a teenage girl, I would be very disappointed and hurt to hear her talk like that, but so would my wife. I doubt it would happen, but then again we wouldn't video something like this and find it humorous. They are free to raise their child with the values they see fit, but I find this video and what it represents to be a negative on society.

I don't think you understand anesthesia and brain functions; the "executive function" of the brain (which controls impulses) is the last to "wake-up". (Brain wakes up in layers).

Therefore people have zero control over what comes out of their mouths. THis is a major reason for post-op privacy.

It's the same way "truth serum" works.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Oz had a couple of gas passers on that said no one knows how it works

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
It's the same way "truth serum" works.

Oh, I get what it does. Perfectly.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Dr. Oz had a couple of gas passers on that said no one knows how it works

My college chemistry professor said the same thing. He stated that they don't know exactly why it puts you to sleep... or why you wake up...

posted Hide Post
that propofol stuff,
they gave it to me for my poopOscope

and man oh man , talk about lights the hell out ,
and then they hit the switch and snap!
you are wondering if you are still actually alive

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I have a hard and fast rule that I have made known to my family. In the event I have to have anesthesia NO ONE other than medical staff is to be in the room with me until I am fully awake. The consequences of violating that rule and posting the results to the internet would be severe. It's a personality flaw of mine, and I acknowledge it, but I can be a little weird about personal privacy.

So my answer would be it's ALWAYS a bad thing. It's not funny. Even if the person later OKs you sharing the video, you shouldn't have shot it in the first place. But that's just my opinion and therefore really only applies to me.

Posts: 2659 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Most hospitals keep the patient in recovery with ONLY hospital staff until reasonably lucid. Without spouse, significant other, parents, guardians, siblings or progeny, seeing-eye dog or cat, service pigs, parrots or possums, or genetic clones. For many of the above reasons, and yes, for liability. It is not OK to film or photograph a patient in a hospital setting (or staff for that matter), at any time for any reason, without express written consent for specific purposes. And it is certainly not OK to post it on the Internet, ever.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Someone once showed me a video that a father took of his son after he came out of oral surgery and the kid, maybe 10 was really high. My co-worker thought it was funny. I didn't see any humor in it at all.

I was appalled that a father would post something like that on the internet for his son to be mocked by his friends forever.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Here's one reason, already out of date. Guidelines today are much more restrictive.

HIPAA violation

Many hospitals are struggling to develop guidelines as phones, tablets and social media tools become more prevalent, and not just in the US. And not just commercial filming. Where do the lines of patient privacy, public access and just good taste separate?

King's College Hospital

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post