SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When is picking on drugged up people ( post surgery ) a bad thing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When is picking on drugged up people ( post surgery ) a bad thing? Login/Join 
posted
Sometimes it funny , sometimes it seems kinda mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnicntHENN8

( wanna see my special talent? )

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
LMAO

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That IS a special talent. Glad grandma wasn’t there in the recovery room.

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Whoever posted this on YouTube should be sued. If a health care “professional” had posted it, they would be out of a job and probably worse.
It is not all right.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These things show up on America's Funniest Videos occasionally, and I think they're embarrassing. Who in their right mind would subject a relative or friend to this?

Having said that, I'm glad I'm not related to the girl in the vid.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9380 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If that was my kid, I would’ve deleted the video right then and there. Some people....

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Whoever posted this on YouTube should be sued. If a health care “professional” had posted it, they would be out of a job and probably worse.
It is not all right.

100%

I didn’t watch video ... however I do understand anesthesia.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
When I was 26 I had a cataract removed. My mom drove me home. I remember telling her in the car, "Mom, I'm fucking wasted".

I'm going in for an EGD Thursday. My wife will be driving me home. I'll instruct her to leave her cell in the car.

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The last line is hilarious.

"Don't act like you haven't done it before, Mom."

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is not all right.

I bet you're a gas at parties.
It's all in good fun and probably posted by her or a family member.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad enough to film that for her to view later, really bad to put that out on the internet for everybody to see.

WTF is wrong with people?

Posts: 1164 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
It is not all right.

I bet you're a gas at parties.
It's all in good fun and probably posted by her or a family member.

I accuse my mother of gagging on dick coming out from anesthesia? Dad would have loved that Roll Eyes Funny, very funny. He would have definitely posted it Roll Eyes We'd be sending links to everyone attending the family reunion. Do you think your mom ever gagged on dick? How many times? If you still can ask her, video it without her knowing, and then put it on YouTube so we can all see the hilarity. That will be soooo funny.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I think her special talent was the fact that she didn't gag on the dick/popsicle.

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Picked my Buddy up after his colonoscopy. He was lucid, but a little bit slow. As we walk out into the crowded entrance to the Hospital, he grips his stomach and lets go with the longest running, loadest fart ever heard by Man.

We still laugh about it and that was a dozen yrs back.

The video in question.....I'd sue.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be close to the Sig Forum anesthesia record.

They plant your ass in a sober up room chair and scream at you for a half hour,

I'd be curious as to how many times those post op gals get told to "F" off, while trying to wake up the patients

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I need to have sedation done when i have my wisdom teeth out. Ive already told them that they are not to call anyone to pick me up until im sober.

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I may be close to the Sig Forum anesthesia record.

When I was 19, I had my tonsils out fairly early in the morning. They couldn't get me to come out of anesthesia and admitted me. I came to around the middle of the night, and I was still out of it the next morning. Apparently, when I was in the post-op "wake up" room, my old man was cracking jokes, because he's a super funny guy. I apparently told him to "just shut the fuck up already," and more than once. I guess I wasn't feeling too awesome and wasn't in a mood for chuckles following throat surgery.

Last year, when they cardioverted me, they warned me that sometimes people say and do things they wouldn't normally do, and not to worry because they've seen and heard it all. When I came to, the nurse told me it was a first for her: I sat up right after, looked around and said "Thank you all very much, I feel so much better now!" and then laid back down and drifted out again.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Call me a bore, but that was in bad taste.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I'd be curious as to how many times those post op gals get told to "F" off, while trying to wake up the patients

More often than you would think I'm told, by a certain wife who works in one.
She could care less though.
The pts are blasted on drugs and she used to work in ER - where you didn't have the pleasure of getting an accurate report of exactly what drugs were given and how much. Being told to FO was like a daily blessing.

And I can't picture ANY scenario where this stuff would go unchallenged by her and being told to cool it RFN.
Sounds like Mom was doing the filming to me...I wonder who posted it?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
This old guy didn't think that was funny at all.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post