SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Steyr loses lawsuit against SIG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr loses lawsuit against SIG Login/Join 
posted
Looks like Steyr struck out. For anybody interested, this is the text:

https://www.courtlistener.com/...s.nhd.46644.77.0.pdf

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
So I don't have to read a whole court brief, what were they suing about?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think it was the 'chassis' FCU being the 'firearm' concept.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steyr basically claimed the modular function of 320 infringed on their patent. Court said nope.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Steyr could file an appeal. Or just go away and accept the judgment.

The Court of Appeals doesn’t have to accept the case, even if an appeal is filed.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10495 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Holy cats. At first glance, I thought the odds were pretty much against SIG. Turns out it was a one-punch fight over drafting a challenging sequence of claims about the equivalent of a permanenent structural support (ie., one freakin' cross pin). Damn. Good for SIG, but it's a day for surprises.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hilarious. Some people were claiming this suit was going to destroy Sig and Steyr was going to get control of the military contract.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Holy cats. At first glance, I thought the odds were pretty much against SIG. Turns out it was a one-punch fight over drafting a challenging sequence of claims about the equivalent of a permanenent structural support (ie., one freakin' cross pin). Damn. Good for SIG, but it's a day for surprises.

Interesting read for sure. Its almost like Sig Had
their lawyers do some work before coming up with their concept in the p250 to make sure they wouldn't run afoul...

This reminds me of when Microtech tried to sue Kershaw ZT.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post