SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need Uniform help from service members
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need Uniform help from service members Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I finally found some undershirts that were of good quality, they were issued with our FROG gear. Came from Campbellsville Apparel Company in Kentucky. Just noticed they planned to close shop at the end of 2021.

I had 12 or so at one point now I'm down to three, they've lasted a few years already and I need more.

The stuff your standard PX or NEX stocks is trash and lasts about 6 wears. Anyone know of another high quality manufacturer? I'm tired of buying 20 shirts a year just to turn them into rags.

ETA: I have a favorite civvie undershirt brand and style. But these would be for a uniform obviously. Navy Type III (Coyote Brown).

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6339 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Quick thread drift....when are you leaving the Land of the Morning Clam?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed its next week.

Should know Monday or Tuesday.

Gotta reschedule the cross-country trip, leave, everything.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If you’re referring to T-shirts, and if their “ACU tan” would be the proper color, I have been happy with 5.11 tees for many years.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47413 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
ACU Tan is a bit out of regs for us, need this color.

I'll check 5.11 though to see if they offer anything similar.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
5.11 and Under Armor both used to offer Coyote Brown undershirts, though it looks like both have discontinued them. (But yet still offer Tan 499 for OCPs...)

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
5.11 and Under Armor both used to offer Coyote Brown undershirts, though it looks like both have discontinued them. (But yet still offer Tan 499 for OCPs...)

Silly part is I have many Tan Under Armor shirts that were Navy issued, but cannot wear them in any command except the one issued!

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Silly part ....

Holy crap, and I will leave it at that. Roll Eyes

I am reminded of the time I was stationed at Army CID headquarters and one of my subordinates had a short sleeved uniform shirt with a stand-up collar like the long sleeved shirts had rather than the lay-down collar of most short sleeved shirts. The captain company commander (and no further description will be offered) was convinced that he had improperly modified a long sleeved shirt and therefore he couldn’t wear it. I ended up having to get an official ruling from the Army Uniform Board that yes, some early official short sleeved uniform shirts of that style had been produced with stand up collars and therefore my master sergeant was authorized to wear his shirt.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47413 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OttoSig

Join the crowd.
I have about 30 sets of PT, ACU, Multi-cam, brown shirts, blah blah blah that i cannot wear

Most of it brand new still in the package but I have to get all new uniforms.

Coyote vs Multi-cam- The browns are slightly different.

I get my shirts from Soffee or US Patriot Tactical

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This kind of crap used to irritate me to no end. Trying to keep up with uniform changes and whatever itch the Base Commander has for uniform appearance that week was a PITA. And what you could / could not wear off base changed every couple of weeks too. The USAF Manual for appearance was AFM 35-10. Uniform petty sticklers would say "thats not 35-10"!
I would guess it only gotten worse now.
Funny, no one looked to see what I had on under my ice covered N3B Parka at 25 below zero!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
For the most part I get away with common sense stuff.

I wear black gloves, glasses, hoodie when it extremely cold, and just ignore someone who says something about a tiny ass logo or something.

But working in the agency buildings, my light tan shirts stick out like a sore thumb and I can't really argue that.

For the most part its pretty easy to keep up, they are relaxing everything during liberty....except BEARDS!

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with " bunker 27" shirt from amazon.

Fit well and no sagging neck, might not be dark enough for your needs though.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've come a long way since I wore Dickies khakis rather than NEX, and no one cared. I'm not sure the direction of travel is correct.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2072 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about you get the shirt you like in the “wrong” color then dye them ?

I hated uniform reg nonsense when I was in too

Posts: 3298 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post