SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    T-Mobile Home 5G internet
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

T-Mobile Home 5G internet Login/Join 
posted
I’m looking to ditch my cable company. Does anyone have experience with this service?

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I didn’t have 5 g but I used their 4g when I had no Comcast option. It worked pretty well. No complaints.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12450 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't use their internet service but I'm a T-Mobile customer and I'm in an area with a very strong 5G signal. I've been a T-Mobile customer since March and about three days ago was the first time I had ever noticed degradation of this signal strength. I suspect there was a tower down somewhere. A few hours later, the signal was back to full bars.

Based upon my observations, T-Mobile appears to be more reliable than my current ISP ecause since last March, there have been a couple of outages with my provider. That's scant evidence but there it is.

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at that 5G internet deal which they are offering for $30 month around here and there's a tower 1/4~ miles from my house. The concept seems good to me vs cable internet. We're in a heavy metro area and cell service is outstanding.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Make sure it’s not capped or throttled.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Just signed up and got connected yesterday.

No cap, no throttling, $50 per month all in.

Iam less than 1 mile from one of their newest towers (next to a future Interstate Hwy)

Connection speed...Holy crap!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I've been using it since the beginning of this year and it's been great,

No contract and I believe you can even try it out for 15 days for free. At the very least, if you don't like it after a few months, you're not locked into a contract.

There is no data cap.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4337 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
One other thing T-Mobile is doing is limiting the number of customers in a given area to prevent system overload.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Verizon 5G here. I switched from U-verse about a month ago and I’m more than satisfied. Almost 500 mbps and unlimited. Verizon only offers the service to those in an area with a strong single. it was a super simple deal. I added it to my cell phone plan, walked away with the wifi gateway, plug it in and it works.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 338 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The box is modem and router?

posted Hide Post
I just called and signed up. Thanks for your responses.

posted Hide Post
We have been using it for over a year and it is has been great. We have at least a dozen devices including 3 tv's streaming and never have problems buffering.

I have to unplug the box about once every two months to give it a fresh start but that is no different than any other device, they all need a reset occasionally.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess my Verizon 5G box would be cellular modem with built-in Wi-Fi router. It also has one Ethernet port. It is an innocuous looking white cube about 6” on each side. Only one LED on the front.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 338 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The box is modem and router?

Yes sir.
MiL had T-Mobile cell internet installed this afternoon. There are two CAT 5 ports in addition to the Wi-Fi signal.
If it works as promised I’ll be leaving both XFINITY (internet) and Verizon (CellPhones) next week.
Billy

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
The T-mobile 5g gateway is both a modem and router and is Wifi 6.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, probably I should sign up for this. It's 30 bucks cheaper than what I'm paying now. My current speeds are fine- 115 down, 12 up, but the T-Mobile tested tonight at 637 down, 65 up (via my iPhone), and it's available in my area.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Go for it! You have a 15 day trial period.

BIDEN SUCKS.

posted Hide Post
We’ve had it about a year. I did have a modem/router fail but it was replaced at the store without any issues. No complaints on the bandwidth multiple tvs streaming and several Wi-Fi devices in the house. I’m very happy with the price and service. I would also add there is no funny stuff with the bill $50 all taxes and fees included.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good timing. Looking into that now as that would be a much cheaper option.

Posts: 2370 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The call taker was helpful, though he did try to sell me a “free” chrome book for an extra $20 per month. I declined and he did not push the matter.