SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a 10K Post Karma - .410 Defense Ammo ***Armored is the Winner***
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Time for a 10K Post Karma - .410 Defense Ammo ***Armored is the Winner*** Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
Time flies. I can’t believe I have been here since 2008 and have 10,000 posts. I have not done a karma in a while so time to do one. I have two items up for grabs and each will go to a different person. Let me know if there is an item you prefer. ETA: Scanner Already Given Away so now just an ammo karma

First up is a Uniden Bearcat scanner and it is a great scanner. I always enjoyed listening to it when I worked at home but systems keep getting changed to either be encrypted or need a new scanner. Please only enter if you can really use this scanner. Comes with original box, all packaging, CD, power supply, and the cable required to program it from a computer.







The second item is Federal Premium 410 handgun 000 Buck ammo. This is 3” ammo and I ordered without realizing it did not fit my Judge so instead of returning it, I would prefer to give it away.




I will pick winners once interest seems to have peaked.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Please don't enter me as I cannot use either. But wanted to say congratulations on the milestone! Very generous karma for the lucky winners.



Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.
 
Posts: 7038 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Congrats! And also do not enter me as I cannot use either item.


_________________
This space left intentionally blank.
 
Posts: 4321 | Location: Hendersonville, North Carolina | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your 10K.

Don't enter me either I have a few scanners and I just gave away my .410 I've had since I was a child to a little friend of mine.


_______________________________________________________
And no, junior not being able to hold still for 5 seconds is not a disability.



 
Posts: 13184 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, that IS a milestone. Thanks for contributing to the forum.

May I please be entered for the scanner? We just switched to an 800 system, and our VHF scanner no longer receives public safety broadcasts.

Again, congratulations and thank you for the karma.


__________________________
Writing the next chapter that I've been looking forward to.
 
Posts: 11688 | Location: Willow Fen Farm | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!


generous KArma, however please just accept my congrats, for you generous karma!!



side bar, many moons ago a friend had a scanner that not only picked up local LEO etc, but picked up some Cell Phones as well,


seems most of the Cell Phones in this area were Realtors, and most were gay,

hilarious conversations heard,,



https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/
 
Posts: 11556 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
Congrats!!!


generous KArma, however please just accept my congrats, for you generous karma!!



side bar, many moons ago a friend had a scanner that not only picked up local LEO etc, but picked up some Cell Phones as well,


seems most of the Cell Phones in this area were Realtors, and most were gay,

hilarious conversations heard,,


LOL. I have been into technology all my life and had a scanner when I was young. When cordless home phones first came out, you could listen to the call of your neighbors.




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Congratulations, that IS a milestone. Thanks for contributing to the forum.

May I please be entered for the scanner? We just switched to an 800 system, and our VHF scanner no longer receives public safety broadcasts.

Again, congratulations and thank you for the karma.


The scanner is yours sir!




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
please put my name in for the 410 ammo. and a hearty "attaboy" on your post count!!


___________________



"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen
 
Posts: 4683 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Thank you! My wife will be happy to hear if I’m out on a fire/ ems call again. Greatly appreciated


__________________________
Writing the next chapter that I've been looking forward to.
 
Posts: 11688 | Location: Willow Fen Farm | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your 10,000 posts!

Please put me in the Karma for the shells. Thanks
 
Posts: 891 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Put me in for the 410 shells.
The ammo closet is pretty bare now in the 410 section.
 
Posts: 5363 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'm in for the 410, thanks
 
Posts: 704 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your posts and thanks for your generosity!

Please consider me for the 410 ammo-
 
Posts: 1527 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I know I could probably just use AI to do it, but is there a replacement for what was the Karmanator picker?




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Armored….YOU are the .410 ammo winner. I used AI to pick a winner and it did a pretty cool job at it. This is the report it gave me for the randomly selected winner. Pretty cool.

I read through the full [SIGforum "10K Post Karma - .410 Defense Ammo" thread](https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1070070225) (a single-page thread, no pagination) and extracted every poster.

## All unique usernames found (duplicates removed)
Posting multiple times still counts once each:
1. StorminNormin (thread starter/giveaway host)
2. mojojojo
3. scratchy
4. charlie12
5. Appliance Brad
6. lyman
7. roarindan
8. dgshooter
9. armored
10. wxl
11. Rinehart

**11 unique usernames total** — the thread showed 14 posts, but StorminNormin posted 4 times and Appliance Brad posted twice, so those repeats were collapsed to one entry each.

## Eligibility filtering
The only prize still up for grabs is the .410 ammo (the scanner was already awarded in-thread to Appliance Brad). I narrowed the 11 unique names down to people who actually asked to be entered for the ammo, excluding:
- StorminNormin — the giveaway host, not a contestant
- mojojojo, scratchy, charlie12 — explicitly said "don't enter me"
- lyman — only offered congratulations, never requested entry
- Appliance Brad — already won the separate scanner giveaway, and the rules stated each item goes to a different person

**Eligible participants for the ammo drawing (5):** roarindan, dgshooter, armored, wxl, Rinehart

## Winner selection
Using Python's `secrets.randbelow()` (a cryptographically secure RNG, not the standard pseudo-random module) to pick uniformly among the 5 eligible names:

**Winner: armored**

Timestamp: September 12, 2026, 06:15 PM CDT

Note: duplicate usernames were removed before eligibility filtering, and the eligibility list itself was deduplicated and confirmed to contain 5 distinct entries before the cryptographically secure draw was run.

Sources




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
THANKS!

Email sent.
 
Posts: 5363 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
The 410 shells arrived today, a big thanks for the karma!
I think I will save them for my grandson or a granddaughter to shoot when they get a bit bigger.
I have a old Winchester model 42 that my grandfather bought for my Mother to shoot at his farm, watching my grandchildren shoot it will be wonderful. I would love to stand next to them and shoot my Grandfathers old Winchester model 12.
 
Posts: 5363 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
The 410 shells arrived today, a big thanks for the karma!
I think I will save them for my grandson or a granddaughter to shoot when they get a bit bigger.
I have an old Winchester model 42 that my grandfather bought for my Mother to shoot at his farm, watching my grandchildren shoot it will be wonderful. I would love to stand next to them and shoot my Grandfathers old Winchester model 12.


Awesome.




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
The scanner is yours sir!


I wante to again say thank you. Scanner is programmed to local frequencies. My wife is very appreciative as well as she can hear when our department goes out on a call and I'm not home.

Thanks for making SigForum the great place that it is.


__________________________
Writing the next chapter that I've been looking forward to.
 
Posts: 11688 | Location: Willow Fen Farm | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a 10K Post Karma - .410 Defense Ammo ***Armored is the Winner***

© SIGforum 2026