SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FireMission: Firearm Carry Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FireMission: Firearm Carry Poll Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What do you expect voting on a MSNBC poll will accomplish? Also, pretty sure this has been around for like 10 years now. It pops up now and then.

Posts: 2219 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
still at 46%

Posts: 3813 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Still at 46% NO. With 1502k YES votes cast and 1745k NO votes, 33k votes for only self defense.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1986 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
46% this morning

Posts: 993 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunday morning. Just voted. Still at 46%

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Yep still at 46%

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6462 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, still 46%......

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Voted and forwarded link to everyone (almost) on my email list. Over 3 million votes. It's going to take more than a few unanswered clicks to change the results.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5714 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Still 46%. My first thought was it was going to be massively skewed against CC considering the source, but clearly it’s just fixed.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
voted

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1384 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
You realize the only reason these guys do these absurd random polls is to increase the traffic to their website right?

Nobody on either side believes the results. They love it when groups go head-to-toe telling everyone, everywhere to "go hit this poll."

When dozens of pro-2A websites and dozens of anti-2A websites start promoting this poll they love it since the page has gone "viral."

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It's been stuck on 46% ever since I voted last night. It's still there over twelve hours later. Seems somewhat suspicious that it hasn't moved in either direction in all this time.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It's been stuck on 46% ever since I voted last night. It's still there over twelve hours later. Seems somewhat suspicious that it hasn't moved in either direction in all this time.

It's over three million votes, yours and all of our votes will not change it one bit. You would need 3,000 votes just to move it .1%

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21103 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
It's over three million votes, yours and all of our votes will not change it one bit. You would need 3,000 votes just to move it .1%

I think perhaps you didn't read my comments closely. Of course I did not expect a handful of votes from here to make a difference. But it hasn't changed, either way, in over twelve hours. Then again: I didn't note the number of votes at that time. Perhaps we were late to the game.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
voted. 46% still.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5307 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Bump.

quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
You realize the only reason these guys do these absurd random polls is to increase the traffic to their website right?

Nobody on either side believes the results. They love it when groups go head-to-toe telling everyone, everywhere to "go hit this poll."

When dozens of pro-2A websites and dozens of anti-2A websites start promoting this poll they love it since the page has gone "viral."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44441 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Specious poll, splitting the "yes" votes into "Yes" and "only for self defense".

Why the hell else would you carry (assuming non-LEO...)? To impress Jodi Foster?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post