SIGforum
LAPD Bomb Squad blows up bomb truck with illegal fireworks***updated it was over loaded***

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1060071384

July 20, 2021, 07:58 PM
parabellum
LAPD Bomb Squad blows up bomb truck with illegal fireworks***updated it was over loaded***
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
42lbs of explosives in a container rated for 25 lb one time use or 15 lb multiple use. Bomb squad guesstimated the weight at 16.5 lbs
They iz sum bom xpurts.
July 20, 2021, 08:28 PM
ArtieS
42 pounds of boom in a 25 pound pot. My dad would have called that a "blivy" which he usually defined as 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
July 20, 2021, 08:36 PM
911Boss
Maybe someone will order a scale to go with the replacement truck so they don’t have to guesstimate in the future. Shouldn’t add too much to the cost.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

July 20, 2021, 09:14 PM
recoatlift
They’re lifting too many weights! Done got too strong! Back to the donut shop men!
July 20, 2021, 09:30 PM
trapper189
“Clearly protocols were followed and pursued…” Chief Michael Moore from the story in the original post.

Or not.
July 21, 2021, 06:29 AM
Blume9mm
I'm still confused by the latest report.... they keep saying fireworks and now 42lbs of fireworks... my limited knowledge is that fireworks are made out of black powder with various chemicals added for color and effect... these containment vessels are designed to contain HIGH explosives that are an entirely different chemical make up with much more potential energy than black powder.... I'm not an explosive expert but it would take a lot more than 42 pounds of black powder to exceed the explosive power of 15lbs of C4 or TNT.
I think I'll do some research.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
July 21, 2021, 07:32 AM
gpbst3
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I'm still confused by the latest report.... they keep saying fireworks and now 42lbs of fireworks... my limited knowledge is that fireworks are made out of black powder with various chemicals added for color and effect... these containment vessels are designed to contain HIGH explosives that are an entirely different chemical make up with much more potential energy than black powder.... I'm not an explosive expert but it would take a lot more than 42 pounds of black powder to exceed the explosive power of 15lbs of C4 or TNT.
I think I'll do some research.

The FBI agent monitoring the forum just high fives his partner and said he got a live one! Cool

July 21, 2021, 07:35 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

42 pounds of boom in a 25 pound pot. My dad would have called that a "blivy" which he usually defined as 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.
We called it a "blivet." Regional variation?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
July 21, 2021, 08:41 AM
vinnybass

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
July 21, 2021, 10:29 AM
Patrick-SP2022

Smile

July 21, 2021, 10:35 AM
ulsterman
Had a Captain screw up a situation so bad it cost the county millions in pay outs.

Sheriff called him in.

"Patrolman, you've been reassigned"
"I'm a Captain Sir"
"PATROLMAN, YOU HAVE BEEN REASSIGNED"
"Message received"
July 21, 2021, 10:47 AM
darthfuster
So it seems the fireworks were safer in the citizens' hands than the so called authorities. That about right.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
July 21, 2021, 10:53 AM
a1abdj
quote:
So it seems the fireworks were safer in the citizens' hand

That's what I was thinking. He moved them there and didn't blow anything up. He stored them there and didn't blow anything up.

The only people blowing things up were the professionals.

Maybe they should have had him transport them to the quarry for detonation prior to arresting him.

www.zykansafe.com
July 21, 2021, 11:04 AM
Sig209
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Had a Captain screw up a situation so bad it cost the county millions in pay outs.

Sheriff called him in.

"Patrolman, you've been reassigned"
"I'm a Captain Sir"
"PATROLMAN, YOU HAVE BEEN REASSIGNED"
"Message received"

kept his job and dental coverage though

working for the government sure is nice... Big Grin

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
July 21, 2021, 01:38 PM
ArtieS
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

We called it a "blivet." Regional variation?

It appears your spelling is correct. Dad is somewhat indifferent to proper pronunciation.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
July 21, 2021, 04:21 PM
parabellum
“The older I get, the more I admire and crave competence, just simple competence, in any field from adultery to zoology.” - H.L. Mencken
July 22, 2021, 07:22 AM
Sig209
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
“The older I get, the more I admire and crave competence, just simple competence, in any field from adultery to zoology.” - H.L. Mencken

this is no-BS truth right here.

went to Waffle House for breakfast with my wife yesterday. it wasn't very crowded. waitress came to the table in less than two minutes. took our order in five minutes. had the food on the table in 10 minutes -- 100% correct.

nothing fancy but 100% correct and quick. left her a $10 tip and departed very satisfied.

no bells / no whistles. simple competence. a joy to behold these days.

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.