SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Smoke in NE Oregon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smoke in NE Oregon Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
So I am in Boardman, OR 163 miles east of Portland.

The smoke from the fires on the west side of Oregon and Washington is conglomerating here (has for a couple days now). I have about 1/2 mile visibility, and am fighting tears and a stuffy nose.

I did replace our furnace filter and turned the fan from auto to on, and that is helping... I also am taking Ibuprofen by the handful for the sinus headaches.

I really hope our firefighters, loggers, and volunteers stay safe while they battle these wildfires that our governor has refused to address other than declaring an emergency.

To all of you in fire or smoke I pray for your families.

Thank you Para for a place that has accurate news, and comradery.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I wonder if you'd call this An effect of the wild fires in Salem, Oregon

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
I wonder if you'd call this An effect of the wild fires in Salem, Oregon

Not exactly.. the fires in Salem I am sure contribute, but we are also getting the smoke from the fires in western Washington as we are just east of the Columbia Gorge on the Columbia River. We also are getting some of the smoke from fires in Yakima, WA and east of us.

The fires around Salem are a small part of the wild fires in Oregon.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post