SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did I Ruin my RV Batteries? Or, I just paid the Stupid/ Lazy Tax
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did I Ruin my RV Batteries? Or, I just paid the Stupid/ Lazy Tax Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Check with your battery supplier. Group 24 batteries are the smallest (cheapest) amp hour batteries in this size (24).

Most group 27 and possibly 31, will fit in the same “battery box” look for the most “amp hour” rating on the battery, not cold cranking amps.

Group 24 < 78 AH, group 31 > 108 AH. This rating is how long the battery will last on constant discharge. Ie. 1 amp draw for 78 hours, or 20 amp draw for 4 hours

YMMV, depending on load

John

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I killed my batteries this year too. They were cheap deep cycle batters from Camping World that I got last year for my “troubles” with their service department. They would not take a charge.

Figured that out when we pulled up to hunting camp. It was going to be 20 degrees that night so back into town I went. Luckily Napa stayed open long enough so I could replace them.

Now the trailer is winterized and the new batteries are in the basement to be cared for over the winter

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Yes, if you switch to an Li type battery such as LiFePo4, you will need to change your inverter/charger.

Posts: 10899 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Lithium batteries are not meant for starting engines and need a very specific type of charging. They also need a battery management protection to help protect them from charging in cold weather, a battery heater is required to avoid permanent damage in cold weather charging.
If your batteries are drawn way down you need a "dumb" charger to charge or start to charge them. A modern "smart" charger will not try to charge a totally dead battery.
If you don't have access to a "dumb" charger you can get the dead batteries started by charging with jumper cables until you see the voltage come up to 12+volts. If they don't come up, there goners.

Posts: 4620 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://battlebornbatteries.com/

Recommended every podcast by https://rvlifestyle.com/about-...d-jennifer-wendland/

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post