SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Danzig - Mother comes on my 5 year old starts singing and I crank it up? Am I a bad Dad? Asking for a friend.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Danzig - Mother comes on my 5 year old starts singing and I crank it up? Am I a bad Dad? Asking for a friend. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
The kid gets so amped when Mother comes on he just starts signing as loud as he can.
I can’t help but crank it.

He signs with a lot of stuff but for some reason he just kicks it in when Danzig comes on.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25435 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You're a good dad.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, on the one hand - you can't keep him in the dark for life.....but on the other hand, maybe you should hide him from the waiting world, for a bit longer Razz

Posts: 1704 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Run Berserker by him. That will impress just about everyone and confirm your excellent parenting.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sorry, no comprende. "Danzig"? "Mother comes on"? What is being discussed?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Heavy metal music.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Sorry, no comprende. "Danzig"? "Mother comes on"? What is being discussed?

flashguy

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Q7KLdET1lBM

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25435 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
he just starts signing as loud as he can.
Now I completely understand we have to be as accepting of those who communicate "alternatively," but how in the world does one make one's signing louder? Broader gestures? Using two hands simultaneously? Stamping your feet while making signs??????

Posts: 6501 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
My daughter used to do the same thing with Jethro Tull's Aqualung.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sounds good.

When taking my nephew home from school, he wants to hear 5FDP. Sometimes I play Beethoven's 9th while throwing in some AC/DC and Luna Halo as well.
He seems to have a wide variety of taste in music like I do. Windows down, radio up, engine growling...

The bad part was when he started telling others that they need to get a better subwoofer. Big Grin

Posts: 9166 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CRANK IT UP!!!!

Expand his horizons-
Ozzy / Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Metallica
Soundgarden

And the list goes on and on!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8359 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
You’re only a bad dad if you don’t get him an electric guitar Cool

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^
Heavy metal music.
Oh. Thanks. Never mind. I don't go there (obviously).

IMHO, Mozart would be better for your kid.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
You’re only a bad dad if you don’t get him an electric guitar Cool

Thanks, 'cause I just gave my kids 2 electric guitars for Christmas! A Les Paul & a Mini Strat! And a Marshall amp, plus an "80s Metal" distortion pedal!

Posts: 1704 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 3YO's favorite song is 'Walk'.
But he won't wear the Pantera shirt I got him for his birthday.... He did wear a Metallica shirt yesterday (his first concert, at -5 months old).

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Do you want to bang heads with him?

Then TURN IT UP!

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
balance in all things

Cool

-----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
how in the world does one make one's signing louder?

Neon, I think.

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it when kiddos dig old school stuff. It was like 5-6 years ago now I ended up with the grandson of my parents friends for the afternoon. I think he was 8. I had a Wrangler back then and the back seat was pulled so he got to ride up front which by itself was a special thing for him but he started messing with the radio which still had the XM trial active. Landed on Metallica and cranked it. Made my day. haha

Posts: 2197 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It depends. Are you recording him while he's singing, or signing, so you can embarrass him when he's older?

Posts: 3389 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post