SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Worst TV Show Theme Songs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worst TV Show Theme Songs Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
Of all time.

Let’s hear them.

Ready, set, go

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't know about "of all time", but the first one that comes to my mind is Star Trek: Enterprise.

The other Star Trek shows had rousing orchestral themes, most of which were excellent (TNG, DS9, VOY), and even when it was bad (TOS) it was still thematic.

ST:ENT's theme is some cheesy soft rock ballad, with this Bon-Jovi-esque dude crooning sappy lyrics over lazy guitar chords. It's pretty bad even for that genre, and it's certainly does not fit the Star Trek theme.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Ha! Saw the thread title, and thought ST:ENT. Still too slow.

Best? Better Call Saul. I think it is about 5 seconds.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Ha! Saw the thread title, and thought ST:ENT. Still too slow.

Best? Better Call Saul. I think it is about 5 seconds.

here ya go.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who can ever forget this favorite song ??? Enjoy and God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Sledge Hammer.
Facts of Life.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
All In the Family was the worst IMHO, but Facts of Life runs a close second.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Carter Country -1978

Wouldya look at that. Ebony and ivory together. Well it was like Camelot.

How about 'What's Happening!'?

Posts: 7258 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16356 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I hate to do this to yall, lol, but if you want the worst? Here ya go:

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Benson

Small Wonder

I could go the rest of my life without hearing this song again. I watched the show too, until the monkey left.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Sledge Hammer.

The ring tone on my cell phone. That show was probably a bit too much of an influence on my law enforcement career...

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post

I see gripes about Star Trek: Enterprise's theme song on an almost daily basis on Star Trek groups. I never understood why it gets all the hate. Sure, it's different, but I actually enjoy it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I don't know about "of all time", but the first one that comes to my mind is Star Trek: Enterprise.

The other Star Trek shows had rousing orchestral themes, most of which were excellent (TNG, DS9, VOY), and even when it was bad (TOS) it was still thematic.

ST:ENT's theme is some cheesy soft rock ballad, with this Bon-Jovi-esque dude crooning sappy lyrics over lazy guitar chords. It's pretty bad even for that genre, and it's certainly does not fit the Star Trek theme.

Agree 100%. That theme was socks on a rooster. When I watched the series on Amazon streaming I was thankful they had the skip intro feature to get past it. It was so annoying I had the A/V system mute on just in case until the episode started. I read that the showrunner defended the theme for years but finally had to admit it kept the show from being more popular than it was.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Are You Being Served?” had a pretty awful one.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I have to go with "BJ and the Bear."

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Theme songs? They had theme songs? I never paid much attention to them, let alone remember them. From what I've just read, maybe it was just as well.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post