SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had to turn on the furnace today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had to turn on the furnace today. Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I only live 20 miles west of the OP here. I don't need any fancy smart thermostat, I have a wife. Its all automatic. When it starts to get cold, an extra blanket appears on the bed. Then just a bit colder and the heat is on. Just like the AC when it gets a little warm in the spring. I have no control over it at all, I just pay the gas and electric bill. The September bill was $76. October is usually the low one for the entire year. It'll be here soon.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Sitting here freezing.
Quit all this talk about cold.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Turned mine on several days ago as it had gotten down to 62 in the house.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heat's on for the last two days. I'm sitting here debating getting out the carharts for the bike, or taking the truck today. It's 36. But it's only 4 miles.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have set my Nest T-Stat for dual mode a week or so ago, set for 68 degree heat, and 72 degree to cool. Furnace ran a few times last night.

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Furnace turned on for the first time at 6:00 this morning. It was 64 inside and 30 outside. I got up started a fire and warmed things right up and now the sun is doing it's job(south facing window wall).

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had our heat on for about a week but it doesn't run very often..been near freezing at night a couple of times but temp gets around 70 most days. I tried a fire in the fireplace a couple of nights ago and like to roasted us.
I'm ready for the cold though...needs to be a bit colder before we use the fp

IMG_8340 (800x600)

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
We had ours on a few weeks ago. Switched filters on the furnace and humidifier. I was also hoping to get to November, no such luck Razz

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1788 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Its 45 degrees here this morning and I am wearing shorts. I refuse to change as I know the damn heat is coming back.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20387 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
It's that time of the year here where the heat and the a/c will both run, often the same day.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3899 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Yep. It was 61 in the house this morning. Wife is on one of her telework days and she just couldn't get warm, even with a space heater in her room.

Posts: 9249 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I've had my heat turned on now for at least a month.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post