SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good guy with a gun shoots, kills suspect attacking a deputy - Good Samaritan a black licensed CCW holder -took out black perp - officer white
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good guy with a gun shoots, kills suspect attacking a deputy - Good Samaritan a black licensed CCW holder -took out black perp - officer white Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Presidential Medal of Freedom should be awarded to this person by President Trump.

That would send a message to the BLM crowd.

Man... could you imagine the outrage if the moment after DJT says I will and he is the president if he stops and calls the dude up and awards the medal right then? don't tell anyone that he is going to do it.

The liberal heads would explode all over the place.

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Updated story confirms that the citizen is a CCW holder.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/33702378/shooting-on-i-75

quote:
A Good Samaritan with a concealed carry permit shot a man who was attacking a Lee County deputy on an I-75 off-ramp Monday morning.

More info:
http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/...arry-i-75-witnesses/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm very glad that this incident had a happy ending.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Sheriff Mike Scott:

https://www.facebook.com/sheri...34/1316430138408255/

A note from Sheriff Mike Scott:

Earlier this week, two heroes met on I-75 and while they had never met before, one would save the others life. I was at the hospital when the ambulance arrived, the rear doors opened, and my Deputy Dean Bardes was unloaded on a stretcher. Bloody from a vicious attack by a driver Bardes had stopped for endangering the lives of other innocent citizens in our community, the Medics wheeled him into a treatment room. Joined by others from our team, I was there when his wife and family arrived with fear and concern for their loved one as the E.R. team worked on him. Ironically, this was the first day in a while that Deputy Bardes was alone on patrol because as a Field Training Officer, he typically has a recruit riding with him to learn the business. A business that has seen an increasingly alarming rise in attacks and killings perpetrated on cops. A business that has fallen victim to false narratives like Ferguson where the good guys have been painted as the bad guys by a vocal minority that refuses to allow facts and evidence to get in their way. A business that is the last line of defense between good and evil.
On behalf of the men and women of the LCSO, I thank Deputy Dean Bardes for his bravery and pray for a full recovery. I thank the E.R. staff and E.M.S. for their immediate attention to Dean, and I thank the many witnesses to this event who stopped to assist our Detectives. I thank my good friends at “Shoot Straight” who realized that the hero’s gun was taken as evidence and immediately gave him a brand new firearm. Above all, I thank the hero that recognized the imminent threat, rushed to Deputy Bardes’ aid, and ultimately stopped that threat. In a day and age where race is a near instant focus for media and other pundits in police incidents, the fact is that this hero happens to be a man of color who stopped another man of color from further harming or killing a white cop; thereby reminding us that black lives matter, blue lives matter, and indeed all life matters. We at your Sheriff’s Office remain proud to serve and focused on the mission.

Mike

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
From Sheriff Mike Scott:

https://www.facebook.com/sheri...34/1316430138408255/

A note from Sheriff Mike Scott:

Earlier this week, two heroes met on I-75 and while they had never met before, one would save the others life. I was at the hospital when the ambulance arrived, the rear doors opened, and my Deputy Dean Bardes was unloaded on a stretcher. Bloody from a vicious attack by a driver Bardes had stopped for endangering the lives of other innocent citizens in our community, the Medics wheeled him into a treatment room. Joined by others from our team, I was there when his wife and family arrived with fear and concern for their loved one as the E.R. team worked on him. Ironically, this was the first day in a while that Deputy Bardes was alone on patrol because as a Field Training Officer, he typically has a recruit riding with him to learn the business. A business that has seen an increasingly alarming rise in attacks and killings perpetrated on cops. A business that has fallen victim to false narratives like Ferguson where the good guys have been painted as the bad guys by a vocal minority that refuses to allow facts and evidence to get in their way. A business that is the last line of defense between good and evil.
On behalf of the men and women of the LCSO, I thank Deputy Dean Bardes for his bravery and pray for a full recovery. I thank the E.R. staff and E.M.S. for their immediate attention to Dean, and I thank the many witnesses to this event who stopped to assist our Detectives. I thank my good friends at “Shoot Straight” who realized that the hero’s gun was taken as evidence and immediately gave him a brand new firearm. Above all, I thank the hero that recognized the imminent threat, rushed to Deputy Bardes’ aid, and ultimately stopped that threat. In a day and age where race is a near instant focus for media and other pundits in police incidents, the fact is that this hero happens to be a man of color who stopped another man of color from further harming or killing a white cop; thereby reminding us that black lives matter, blue lives matter, and indeed all life matters. We at your Sheriff’s Office remain proud to serve and focused on the mission.

Mike

Awesome addition to the story. Great to see - all lives do indeed matter.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Full of win in this whole story. More info on how the Sheriff reached out to a local gun shop and they donated a gun to the Good Samaritan so he wouldn't be unarmed while his gun was impounded for evidence. He has asked to remain anonymous.

http://www.news-press.com/stor...sessionKey&autologin

- John Adams

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Presidential Medal of Freedom should be awarded to this person by President Trump.

^This.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
quote:

^This.

Another idea is to have him sit with Melania as a guest during the State of the Union Address in January.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
http://www.leoaffairs.com/feat...king-deputy-florida/

UPDATE: The suspect who was fatally shot by a civilian while beating a Florida deputy has been identified as 53-year-old Edward Strother.
The bystander who fatally shot Strother, likely saving the deputy’s life, has not been identified.

Picture of guy on top of Deputy

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That would send a message to the BLM crowd...

^This.

I understand Obama just awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Cicely Tyson, Bruce Springsteen, Diana Ross, Robert Redford, Michael Jordan, Ellen DeGeneres, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
quote:

That would send a message to the BLM crowd...

^This.

I understand Obama just awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Cicely Tyson, Bruce Springsteen, Diana Ross, Robert Redford, Michael Jordan, Ellen DeGeneres, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
I thought I heard that Robert DiNero also received one.

What, really, have any of those folks done to deserve that medal? It is supposed to be the civilian equivalent to the Congressional Medal of Honor, and IMHO should only be given to heroes/heroines.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Is this for real?

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
Is this for real?

The shooting or one of the replies?

The shooting is 100% real.

Deputy was chasing a black suspect, the suspect stopped and got out of his car and got to the deputy before he could react. He had him laid out on the street beating him (pic above). A Good Samaritan, who happened to be a black man with a CCW license, ran up and ordered the perp off of the deputy. He refused and the deputy was yelling for him to shoot the perp which the Good Samaritan did.

They had to take his gun for evidence and the sheriff contacted a local gun shop who donated a gun to the Good Samaritan so he would not be unarmed while his gun was being held.

Not hearing this story on national media, are you?

- John Adams

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
the Congressional Medal of Honor

Whose Medal of Honor?
Please let us leave the Congress of Clowns out of it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Three cheers for the Good Samaritan.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffDVC
posted Hide Post
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

There are still good men. Hero.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 23 | Location: Illinois / SW FL | Registered: October 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Came out today that the suspect that was shot and killed was a 22 year veteran corrections officer from Connecticut.

Suspect had no criminal history until a month ago when he punches a security guard at a hospital, and gets arrested for battery. He failed to show up for court and had a failure to appear warrant out for him at the time of his death.

Looks like the guy snapped for some reason.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The video was released today of the CCW holder shooting the suspect off the officer. Very interesting video.

VIDEO OF SHOOTING

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/348...d-samaritan-shooting

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scratch one dirt bag.

Good night.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post