SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Four Score and Three Days From Now, My Life Will be a Count Down. Ima Gonna be 60!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Four Score and Three Days From Now, My Life Will be a Count Down. Ima Gonna be 60!! Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Let's get real in life, few people have been known to live past 120 years.

After we turn 60, it's a countdown. It's a non-changeable fact. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Start of the 4th quarter. Happy Birthday Big Grin

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
To be only 60 again....

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The countdown started the minute you left your mothers womb. It just speeds up the longer you go. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard to Club 60.

A yearly membership renewal is required, though fees and charges are waived at this time.

Please note that your membership expires automagically in 10 years.

Smile

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
To be only 60 again....

I'm with you brother. 60 seems like a distant memory when you're scaring the hell out of 80.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
The countdown started the minute you left your mothers womb. It just speeds up the longer you go. Eek

Jim

Well, lemme just make this supposition (which I've had to think about for more than the last 30 years) :

"Life is a peak until you get to 30. At or after 30, you're just refining that peak. At 50, you have seen the average of the peak of your life. Between 50 and 60, you realize life is real. At 60, life is now a Count Down.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't a score equal to twenty years? If that is correct aren't you three score and 3 days away from being 60?

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
60! Congratulations, but 70 is the "real" birthday. Why? Because if somebody dies before 70, it's "but he was so young" after 70 it's "well, he had a pretty good ride." Hope you make it!

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
60! Congratulations, but 70 is the "real" birthday. Why? Because if somebody dies before 70, it's "but he was so young" after 70 it's "well, he had a pretty good ride." Hope you make it!

Ha!!

I'm likely to be that guy who lives too long. Razz

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
To be only 60 again....

I'm with you brother. 60 seems like a distant memory when you're scaring the hell out of 80.
I've already done that, nearly 4 years ago.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soon to be 66. I consider it Autumn.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Age is mind over matter.

If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club.

Joined at the end of September.

My beautiful wife arranged a surprise birthday party at our favorite Italian restaurant Cool

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

(63)

quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
Isn't a score equal to twenty years?

A score is a quantity, i.e., twenty of anything.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Soon to be 66. I consider it Autumn.

Early autumn.

I hadn't thought of it that way. I'll start saying I'm in late autumn of my career (not my lifespan) instead of twilight.

Posts: 28007 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy B'day to you guys turning 60!

Y'all can thank me now for blazing the trail for ya seven years ago! Wink

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Many thanks, WH!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to tell my 95-year-old neighbor about this thread, after she gets off of her skid-steer. It'll give her a chuckle!

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2072 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm coming up on 3 years since I hit that milestone. Enjoy it when it happens.

That was the milestone when perspectives and priorities started to change for me. In the end, it's what you make it. Just don't take life too seriously. Smile

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I like the commercial on TV where the lady says "Age is a number, and mine's unlisted".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post