SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My FIRST Bosch brand corded power tool.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My FIRST Bosch brand corded power tool. Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
Over the years I've bought Milwaukee M18 battery, Makita corded electric, Dewalt corded electric, and one Rigid pneumatic power tools. But a couple days ago I needed a corded electric jigsaw in a fast way, my old one from the 70s was too decrepit to run smoothly in order to cut laminate with a special laminate jigsaw blade. But I didn't want to buy an el cheapo like a Crafstman or Black and Decker $39 jigsaw (and other like it, there are plenty in that price range) , but I also didn't want to buy a top of the line unit either. So I found a 6.5 Amp Bosch corded electric jigsaw, and I'm telling you, I couldn't be happier. I got it on sale at Lowes for $99. It's quiet (didn't need hearing protection), VERY well thought out and executed, and smooth as silk with very nice speed control features. I was surprised to get so much for that amount of money, I was really impressed.

So I guess I'm a fan of Bosch power tools now.

What do you guys say about Bosch ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Bosch is top of the line, so I'm not surprised. Go try the action on Bosch dual bevel compound miter saw and any other brand. You'll be buying it next.

Posts: 12473 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m still using a Bosch jig saw I bought in 1995. Not just casual use either

Posts: 777 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
I’m still using a Bosch jig saw I bought in 1995. Not just casual use either

I built a titanium-skinned battlebot with mine in 2001 … still runs fine! Went through a lot of white Sparks and a lot of blades. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
That's a great jigsaw. I have one too and back then it was made in Switzerland. Their jigsaw blades are the best too. Also have a Bosch hammer drill that was made in Germany, what a a beast for the size, and a double bevel 12 inch laser miter saw that Amazon had on a deal shortly after they started selling power tools for $239.

Posts: 9749 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Bosch is the bees knees. My dad gave me back my original mid-90's jigsaw the other weekend and I bought a newer one years ago. So, donated the older one to my kid's theater program at her school (she does set design). I cleaned it up, ordered some new anti-splinter inserts for it and it's as good as new despite buying it probably around 1997.

I also played around with the new 18V cordless one at Lowe's today...it's $149 with free 4ah 18V battery and Capital One Shopping has a cash-back of $23 or something. I had gotten a new 18V drill and impact earlier this year and my family got me an 18V small circular saw. All Bosch. The impact driver made short work of breaking the nuts off my wife's Tesla which gets 130 ft/lbs or something. My old trusty BluePoint pneumatic 1/2" impact choked hard on them.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I've had my Bosch jigsaw since 1991. It has seen a lot of hard use. Easily the best money I've ever spent on a tool. Almost all my power tools are Bosch now and see daily use.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I have a Milwaukee Sawzall and numerous Bosch and Dewalt corded power tools ... and very happy with all three.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about Bosch cordeless tools. But for a few decades I've always thought Bosch corded jigsaws were one of the best. Only experance I know of on one of their cordless jig saws (a relative's) the battery did not make it past 1 1/2 years. So the jury is still out for me on their cordless stuff.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Bosch isnt my first choice for battery powered tools, but I do have a Bosch Jigsaw as well as an oscillating tool. I could not be happier with both of them.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9697 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Damn. The secret is out. Routers, jigsaw, saws, sanders...good stuff.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I bought a Bosch jig saw for a bigger than my usual project 6 years ago. What a GREAT tool!!!

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Most of my tools are Dewalt. I do however have a Bosch router with both a fixed and plunge base. It is exceptionally smooth and quiet.

If I were shopping for a table saw it would likely be a Bosch as well.

Posts: 11363 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Bosch jigsaw is one of my favorite tools. Spend a little and pair it with Bosch blades and it is truly a joy to use.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I started my cordless tool acquisition with a Bosch set, drill and impact screwdriver. So I stuck with Bosch for cordless, adding an oscillating tool, an angle grinder, work light, and small shop vac. I also have a few corded Bosch, jig saw, palm router, and rotary hammer. But the best corded tool I own is a German-made Metabo 1/2" drill, the BEV_1300-2. The best feature, besides its power, is the ability to preset 12 maximum rpm speeds.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10790 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
From Bosch I have 4 drills, worklight, flush cut saw, 3 routers, circular saws, orbital sander, and jigsaw. They are high quality, accurate tools.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My corded Bosch jigsaw has been a workhorse.

For pure handiness the 12 volt pocket driver and impact driver can't be beat.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Have a couple and they are first class tools.
A router (no wi-fi Razz) and a handheld power planer.

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Well Good Lord gents. Bosch is the bees knees. I did look at a large Bosch Dual Bevel chop saw, and it was definitely impressive as per the poster above mentioned. It was $599 at Lowes. I compared it to a $6oo something Dewalt next to it, couldn't figure which was better, but it was damn sure nice. But it was big, and 84 lbs. My guess is a smaller Bosch dual bevel would be better for smaller lumber and high precision trim work, but I don't know that for a fact. My guess would be precision would be indicated by price and brand, not necessarily those two factors plus size. But hell yea that big boy was nice.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've a Bosch rotary hammer. It's a beautiful thing Smile Also a pretty solid Bosch tripod for laser levels that goes up to somewhere north of 7 ft.

I think Bosch is right up there with Milwaukee, Makita, Metabo HPT (formerly Hitachi), and the like.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post