SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bought an F-18 (1/5 of one anyway) RC Turbine (Update 11/7 Page 4)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought an F-18 (1/5 of one anyway) RC Turbine (Update 11/7 Page 4) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Gene, I'm sure I'll take it out to Draper at some point. It will probably be a year or more though. Hoping to take it to Florida in spring to do the maiden flight with one of BVM's team guys. I'll shoot you an email when the time comes in OK if you like

GW, I can't think of the capacity off hand but it's two main tanks plus a header tank connected into both feeding into the fuel pump and then a smoke system tank on a separate loop. Good for around 8 minutes

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
That is a work of art! I'm looking forward to videos of her in flight.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
How long before you are doing night carrier landings? Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
How long before you are doing night carrier landings? Smile

When you see a fireball I probably decided to try it Big Grin

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
After some fitting and cutting into the jet Eek the turbski is in there mocked up. We're going places. Not necessarily good places, but places nonetheless!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

posted Hide Post
Totally awesome. Please keep us updated as things progress.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
about a decade ago I watched some kind of RC jet club put a bunch thru their paces. Besides a variety of 'smaller' fighter jets, there was (IF my memory is right) also a magnificently huge B52. I watched for nearly an hour, mezmerised by the spectacle. It was at the Adair Village RC runways, just a bit N of Corvallis on Hwy 99W. This was a large WW2 training facility that has converted to private homes & multiple small businesses. One of the largest model railroad displays I've ever seen is located just down the road a few blocks from the RC site.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Have been flying R/C since late 1976, and my #1 dream is a turbine jet. Unfortunately, money doesn’t allow such a thing in my household without selling most all of my guns to pay for it (which ain’t NEVER going to happen), so the best I can do is electric ducted fans and watching others who have the money!

Cheers on the ultimate flying hobby!!!

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post