SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Friday story to start the weekend: Woman shot thug dead as he held a gun to her husband's head
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Friday story to start the weekend: Woman shot thug dead as he held a gun to her husband's head Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
https://www.wdrb.com/news/crim...ea-8f5e04a88c13.html

Aug 8, 2023

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Police said a southern Indiana woman shot and killed a man who was holding a gun to her husband's head.

According to a news release from Indiana State Police, the Washington County Sheriff's Department said the incident started around 6:30 p.m. Monday in the 7700 block of Organ Springs Road in Salem when officers responded to a 911 call.

Police said officers found 45-year-old Michael Chastain in the front yard with a gunshot wound. He was taken to Saint Vincent Hospital in Salem, where he was pronounced dead.

Investigators said Chastain drove through the front yard, grabbed the homeowner, forced him to the ground and pointed a gun at his head. The homeowner's wife saw it happen and shot Chastain with her handgun.

The investigation continues, and the case will eventually be turned over to the Washington County Prosecutor's Office, according to the news release.

Investigators with Indiana State Police told WDRB News that Chastain is well-known in the area, and has a criminal background. He dated the homeowner's daughter, but she no longer lives at the home, so police aren't sure why he targeted her father.

This story will be updated when more information becomes available.

Q

Posts: 26395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Love a happy ending.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Good guy with a gun - 1
Lifelong thug - 0

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
That is a happy Friday.

Posts: 3456 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Satisfying.

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A happy Friday story that will brighten the whole weekend!

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Part of me wants to express that there wasn't enough pain and suffering in that story.

Next time maybe the hero could use a scythe,
To hack the aggressor in half so he can watch himself bleed out while bystanders stand in the bleachers applauding.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Investigators with Indiana State Police told WDRB News that Chastain is well-known in the area, and has a criminal background. He dated the homeowner's daughter, but she no longer lives at the home, so police aren't sure why he targeted her father.

Something tells me this story goes a lot deeper. If the police aren't sure at this point why dad was targeted, I bet they figure it out fairly fast.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Taxpayers win and the price was just a good citizen donating a round of handgun ammo.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1559 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
So who's to prosecute? The BG is dead, Jim.

By me the woman did a righteous shooting with 100% satisfactory results.

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope this poor woman isn’t in a bad way. I’d be happy to replace her ammo if need be.

Posts: 958 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shot!

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Real nice. I show this story to Mrs. DF and she declares,”Hey, I think I want a 4” barrel .357 mag S&W.” Sheesh!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can only speculate about the condition of the husband's underdrawers.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Love to see a happy ending for the husbands immedate situation but I think that with further deeper investigation this guys envolvement with the family's daughter will probably shed some light on the situation... Hope that the confrontation was caught on someone's home video camera for video proof. ........................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
“Hell of a shot Mary!”

“Yeah yeah, TOTALLY hit what I was aiming for”

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Yes, this occurred in Indiana.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post