SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shipping companies who can't seem to deliver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping companies who can't seem to deliver Login/Join 
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted
I ordered a semi large item from a big box home improvement store. Took them about 9 days to get the item to the shipping company, which is another complaint.

Said shipping company has had the item at their facility now about 50 miles from me for 10 days as of today. They have called and scheduled deliveries and not shown up, and I get nothing but excuses. How flipping hard is it to put the damned box on a truck, deliver it the day you say you will deliver it? WTF is it with delivery people these days, seems they all have the same issues of not being able to deliver a damned thing on time.

I'm about to call the big box store that shipped and tell them if the item is not here today, cancel it and I'll find someone who can deliver.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I bought a water softener from a big box hardware store a while ago. Shipping took forever and when it got here, it was damaged and then they left it in the middle of my driveway when I clearly paid to have it delivered inside. From what I learned, many box stores hire third parties to deliver their goods. Some are better than others. It sounds like you have one of the not so good ones.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
it is a 3rd party major trucking company, who as I have learned subs out the local deliveries to another company.

Funny add on to this, I called the big box store today and said I either get it today or you can cancel the order. I got a call from the local delivery company a few minutes ago telling me they have another truck and will get it to me prior to 4 today. I'll believe it when I see it and hopefully in good condition. I was also told the driver will call me when he is 30 minutes out.

it shouldn't be this difficult.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I ordered shipping supplies from Uline,
Uline is next day delivery, if you order by 6pm,

they do ship either Estes or UPS,

so, popped order in time to get it when was going to be at the shop all day,

got a Text the that day saying delivery Monday,

no worries, I was there all day on Mon too,
got a text monday it was going to be sometime later in the week,

called them on Tuesday, spoke to a nice lady who put me in touch with someone's voice mail
he never called me back

called Wed, same Voicemail

called Uline, they reached out,

was at the shop Friday, and finally got word it was on it's way,

supposedly they needed a short truck since my shop in is a residential area,,

I asked why , since they delivered via tractor trailer 3 previous times with no issues ,.,,,

no reply,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've been going through this with some CPAP supplies I ordered in early January, they can't seem to find me. Tracking is a complete mess, it's bouncing all over the country then stops. Then I complain to the company I ordered from and they re-ship, now tracking says it's "out for delivery" in Ohio

I don't live in Ohio Mad

I'm wondering if these train thefts are happening all over now or they just can't get enough people to work in these shipping companies right now?

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Didn't Sears used to do their own delivery?

Of course, Sears is now broke, so maybe they aren't the right model.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
As with all things Covid related, the trucking business is also all sorts of screwed up as a result.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I understand things are messed up with the Plandemic BS, but don't call and schedule appointments then not show. it has happened a couple of times with this one delivery.

They missed another delivery yesterday. UFB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 95flhr,

― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

posted Hide Post
I've had multiple shipping companies refuse to even attempt to get up my driveway, which is rural, gravel and hilly. Of course, my wife can drive our 30 foot motorhome up and down it with no trouble.

So instead they'll leave my stuff at some random neighbor, and call it "successfully delivered."

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
My drive way is relatively flat, a little over 300 yards long and gravel. Most won't go up the drive way but will pull in.

I just talked to them again. It got dark last night, so the driver returned to the yard. UFB

We'll see what happens today, I suggested that if he worked from the farthest point out back towards the yard, he might be able to get things delivered that are not being done now. Or they could put out two trucks. GRRRRRRR.

These guys make the postal service look good.

― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Any mention of DHL or the word Smartpost are enough to make me reconsider ordering from that company.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Any mention of DHL or the word Smartpost are enough to make me reconsider ordering from that company.

Wise man.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Finally got the delivery. UFB

Agree on DHL and Smart Post, now adding Estes to that list.

― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

posted Hide Post
Just like everything else…. Just say Covid and it’s supposed to be all good…

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Just like everything else…. Just say Covid and it’s supposed to be all good…

Unfortunately that's not an excuse but a reality. Covid forced Ecommerce to grow 5x faster than expected by anyone. Equipment, locations, and people to handle that influx were not anywhere close to being ready. Combined with people not wanting to work it has made the transportation industry years behind where they need to be. This is only going to continue to get worse until people either stop ordering stuff online, or people start wanting to work again.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post