SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A new place to text....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new place to text.... Login/Join 
posted
The fitness center. Just sit at a machine that others want to use and......answer text.

Grrrrrr.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Self-consumed Assholes...They're EVERYWHERE, doin' their Asshole thing!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just ask for their number, then text them to get their asses off the machine....

Wonder though if some might be entering data into a workout app as soon as they finish?

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Nah. Tell them to do it with they are driving fast.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just start waiting for the machine so close they can hear you breathing. You can also start critiquing their text messages from a distance.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
unfortunately it's nothing new!!

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I think the winners are still those who take pics and post them while in the locker room, you know, when you can see naked people in the mirror, etc. Despite signs all over indicating phones and pics are not allowed. No camera, no facetime, etc. And yet, every day, we have these winners.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That guy/gal is an asshole, almost as much as the guy that tries to take up two machines at once. I always say "pick one"

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 reps in 15 seconds and then a full 5 minutes on Facebook, repeat 4 times.
I know those idiots

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
The fitness center. Just sit at a machine that others want to use and......answer text.

Grrrrrr.

I have refrained from posting the same all year but I have done it in the past making a thread in here.

It’s fucking ridiculous at the gym. None of them sweat. None of them do anything but bullshit around and get in your way, bogarting. They play on their phones the entire time. It’s the first time in my life where I’ve seen 90+% doing absolutely nothing but “hanging out” at the gym playing on their phones.

Eventually I’ll spend the 10k to build my own gym at home. This gen z deal is way past tolerable. One kid was sitting on a bench taking selfies just the other day. It’s gotten to the point I confront them now when in my way. I just don’t have an extra hour every night to wait on them to get done with shit. I get right in their face and will go get staff. It’s out of control.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fire hose

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
It’s fucking ridiculous at the gym. None of them sweat.

Ew.

I mean, like, who even goes to the gym to sweat?

Gross.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fire hose

Does have the advantage of cleaning the previous users ass sweat off the machine.....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
It’s fucking ridiculous at the gym. None of them sweat.

Ew.

I mean, like, who even goes to the gym to sweat?

Gross.

LOL. Well friend, if you aren’t breaking a sweat you aren’t doing shat! Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Hogging a machine while texting is so 2012

The modern day self-absorbed assholes of 2022 have moved on to making videos for social media. They use the halo light, smart phone, and tripod set-up to record every thing they do. They turn a 40 minute workout into 3 or 4 hours. We're not talking bodybuilders or fitness models either, but instead everyone from the guy/gal who just started working out to more experienced idiots with Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube account.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
My favs are walking down and aisle or hallway, where they have to slow down due to limited mental capacity. Better yet if they realize they are blocking you and say; oh sorry about that.

My canned response is "It's ok, I think I was driving behind you earlier too". Usually takes a minute for that to sink in.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
They use the halo light, smart phone, and tripod set-up to record every thing they do.

I love screwing up their video. I walk between them and their phone, sometimes I have been known to stop, face them with my butt right in front of their tripod-mounted phone, and let one rip.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then, there's the guy who takes a dump and leave the turd for everyone to see.

It might be a world record size turd.

Or, maybe he's waiting for his Mommy to come check it out.

Better idea is to flush the damn thing.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When my gym closed in the early days of the pandemic, I bought a weight bench and added some free weights to the ones I already had.

No dealing with jerks. No 30 minute drive each way. No recurring membership fee. No petri dish shower room.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's the same guy at the Costco gas pumps today.
Finished pumping gas,
Put the handle in the pump,
Got the receipt,
Sat in hicar texting
At the pump
While three cars pulled around him filled up an left.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post