SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Come on Pixar! No Tim Allen what a crock of crap!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Come on Pixar! No Tim Allen what a crock of crap!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Buzz Lightyear is Tim Allen plain and simple.
There is very much a reason in the whole trailer Buzz speaks one word.
That is because we don’t want to hear Chris Evans or whoever this dude is! Never heard of him and had to look him up. I have seen exactly ZERO of anything he is in.
Not Happy!!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25338 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, now that we have that out in the open for public discussion, can we move on toward more general concerns such as mental health issues in modern America, perhaps the dangers inherent in allowing ones life to become fixated on fiction as opposed to reality? Is it really possible for a grown-up individual to allow such mindless entertainment trivia to consume his life to such an extent as to cause psychological stress? Can insanity become a vicarious activity engaged in via movies or pop culture?

Just asking here, an old friend really wants to understand all this nonsense.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Buzz Lightyear is Tim Allen plain and simple

Agree 100%…it would be like watching Shrek without Mike Myers Eek…I guess that makes me as crazy as a shit house rat Wink Wink Wink Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
This is not Buzz Lightyear the toy in previous films. This is the origin story of the "human" that the toy is made for, so he is younger, looks, and sounds different.

It makes sense...kinda. Big Grin

Posts: 2638 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
And I ain't buyin' no insurance if the duck don't speak Gottfried...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43801 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Has Tim Allen commented at all on this? Was he offered the job and turned it down? Did Disney have Evans on the hook for more projects with Chris Evans, but didn’t want to spend Captain America money on all of them? I’m holding off on crying foul until some solid Intel comes out about why a change was made.

I’ve watched plenty of stuff where actors changed. I’d say it ends up worse more often than not, but isn’t an instant fail. I liked when they brought Bruce Boxleitner on to Babylon 5, and there have been a variety of batmen and jokers of varying quality. In the end, I don’t plan to watch the cartoon, so I’m not too fussed about who they cast in it. They aren’t trying to sell it to me anyway.

- Bret

Posts: 2460 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still confused about the two Darrins!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I am still confused about the two Darrins!

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13410 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Dick Sargent, Dick York.... Sargent York.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Dick Sargent, Dick York.... Sargent York.

It’s like people only do these things because they can get paid. And that’s just really sad

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Chris Evans was the first choice for the roll. Which implies that Tim Allen was never even considered to reprise the roll.

quote:
Fandango: When did Chris Evans come on board?

Angus MacLane: Really early on. He was the first choice, pretty much as soon as we knew we were going do it. And he came up, drove up to Pixar. And we hung out for a day and pitched him the movie. And he was thrilled. He really was. He totally got what we were going for. He's been such a part of the process of honing that voice and recognizing the reverence to what it could be, and what the character should be, and taking that seriously, and finding the comedy in the character of it, and not in mockery. But because of his gravitas and star power, because of who he is as a performer, he knows how to carry that straight-laced classic movie hero. But at the same time, he'll know how to subvert it and make fun of it at the same time, in a very knowing way. It's not a subtraction for the character.

It's been such a wonderful experience. He's such a joy. And he's an animation fan. He at one time considered being an animator, so he was really interested in the process. You don't always get that. It really helped to show him the sequence in storyboards, and he'd say, "I got it." He could just do it. Especially action scenes. He's so good. I can't say enough great things about Chris Evans. I'm so glad he said yes.

https://www.fandango.com/movie...enture-movies-754435

Posts: 3367 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
That is because we don’t want to hear Chris Evans or whoever this dude is! Never heard of him and had to look him up. I have seen exactly ZERO of anything he is in.

Come on now. Are you saying you have never seen Not Another Teen Movie? Maybe you don't remember Chris Evans, but you'd remember Cerina Vincent. Big Grin

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8195 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I know, right? You didn't see any comic book movies? Chris Evans was Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four!

Posts: 2638 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Chris Evans was also Evil Ex #2!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:
Has Tim Allen commented at all on this? Was he offered the job and turned it down?

- Bret

Since his last TV show, Tim has been more vocal in his conservatism bleeding into his character.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Chris Evans was the first choice for the roll. Which implies that Tim Allen was never even considered to reprise the roll.

quote:
Fandango: When did Chris Evans come on board?

Angus MacLane: Really early on. He was the first choice, pretty much as soon as we knew we were going do it. And he came up, drove up to Pixar. And we hung out for a day and pitched him the movie. And he was thrilled. He really was. He totally got what we were going for. He's been such a part of the process of honing that voice and recognizing the reverence to what it could be, and what the character should be, and taking that seriously, and finding the comedy in the character of it, and not in mockery. But because of his gravitas and star power, because of who he is as a performer, he knows how to carry that straight-laced classic movie hero. But at the same time, he'll know how to subvert it and make fun of it at the same time, in a very knowing way. It's not a subtraction for the character.

It's been such a wonderful experience. He's such a joy. And he's an animation fan. He at one time considered being an animator, so he was really interested in the process. You don't always get that. It really helped to show him the sequence in storyboards, and he'd say, "I got it." He could just do it. Especially action scenes. He's so good. I can't say enough great things about Chris Evans. I'm so glad he said yes.

[url=https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/director-angus-maclane-calls-chris-evans-such-a-joy-as-buzz-in-lightyear-pixars-love-letter-to-sci-fi-adventure-movies-754435]https://www.fandango.com/movie...enture-movies-754435[/url

So was this guy happy he was joining Pixar? He sounds likes he’s ready to “wife up” this Chris Evans guy. The last paragraph sounds seriously gay. Fucking Hollywood people.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4022 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
This is not Buzz Lightyear the toy in previous films. This is the origin story of the "human" that the toy is made for, so he is younger, looks, and sounds different.

That was what I had read. It was always supposed to be a different character and different voice for that character, not the current toy from Toy Story.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I don't quite get the outrage here. Buzz is the toy (Tim Allen) and Evans is positioned to be the real person who inspired the toy. Is this correct?

Is the outrage because some may interpret this as a way for Pixar to stick it to a conservative? I don't see how that could be the case. If Pixar uses political leaning as a criteria, why have they included John Ratzenberger in every Pixar film they've ever made?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8195 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:

But everything has to stay the same, forever.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I feel so blissed that I actually couldn't care less who plays buzz. Wink

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post