SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Squirrels!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Squirrels! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I give up on the veggy garden. The few rabbits would just take a couple of bites
of the tomatoes they could reach. The squirrels learned to climb up the cages and took
every one. I'll just stop at the roadside stand or farmers market. Buy a few at a time.
Oh, and the green beans, love fresh beans.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I relocated 6 of those bastards to the dump last weekend. They keep coming. I’m getting good at artillery hold though. Big Grin

Posts: 1159 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
your squirrel's must be different then mine, ours come right up to the back door and look in waiting for some walnuts which we happily give them if they ask, never an issue or eating any of our garden. they must have plenty of other food around, we also have raccoons and they only eat the worms in the garden around the base of the planter box. only issue we have is with deer but our 10 ft high fence seems to have solved that issue at the end of the season we just open the door and let them eat whatever they can find.

Posts: 5677 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe I used to eat those things. Never really cared for wild game. The only way was in a crockpot with taters and carrots and let them simmer all day. Fed them to my young son once.how did you like that? Good. You just ate squirrels.The look on his face. Eek

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
your squirrel's must be different then mine, ours come right up to the back door and look in waiting for some walnuts which we happily give them if they ask, never an issue or eating any of our garden.

Yeah, those little bastards are getting spoiled here too.
The wife buys peanuts 5 lbs at a time and they come up to the door with their little hands out. Smile
The dog keeps 'em at bay Cool.
Plus only occasionally burying peanuts in my herb bed.

Posts: 23190 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use peanuts for bait in my live traps.

I got tired of them enjoying my garden last year so I have captured many of the vermin this year.

Posts: 1133 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
your squirrel's must be different then mine, ours come right up to the back door and look in waiting for some walnuts which we happily give them if they ask, never an issue or eating any of our garden. they must have plenty of other food around, we also have raccoons and they only eat the worms in the garden around the base of the planter box. only issue we have is with deer but our 10 ft high fence seems to have solved that issue at the end of the season we just open the door and let them eat whatever they can find.

Do you also have those little Asian-looking mushrooms dancing to The Nutcracker Suite when no one's looking?

Posts: 16167 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
I use peanuts for bait in my live traps.

I got tired of them enjoying my garden last year so I have captured many of the vermin this year.
I trapped 14 off my deck last month. They cannot resist peanuts in the shell.

There are now 3 local squirrels. I’m happy with that number. They now live on easy street, no competition for meager resources.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5235 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post