SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Amazon rant .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Amazon rant . Login/Join 
posted
Usually , my Amazon driver is ok . It appears we have a new driver because I'm finding all sorts of crazy things going on . A few days ago I watched the driver pull into the neighbor's drive way and knock the garbage can over , then nearly cause an accident when she backed out . The other drivers never pull into any driveways , they stop in the street . Then , I found one of my packages on my front walk , about 10 feet from the door . Last night , my wife got a text that said the driver was 5 stops away . A little later she said the package had been delivered . I looked out the front door , no package . She said it's in front of the garage door . Went back out , no package . Wife said check the garage entry door . Found it ! This door is on the side of the house and not even visible if you walk up the driveway . I had the front porch lights on the whole time ! WTFO ? She really had to get creative to fuck it up that badly .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It can be frustrating even though most all delivery services do a pretty dang good job.
We want zero tolerance or zero mistakes ~ which is not probable.
Poor quality or sloppy, careless deliveries are another thing and should not be tolerated.

On wrong delivers ~ a couple weeks ago UPS sent me a roll of vinyl for my car interior.
Email: Delivered?
Nope!
Went to the next street over (my neighborhood stupidly named streets similarly) it was outside their gate.
Knocked - let them know I was taking it - no answer -
So I took it.
Mistakes happen.
Sloppy deliveries should not.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Like you, my deliveries by Amazon are usually pretty good. I recently send a gift to my MIL in another state. I received a picture of the package after the driver delivered it, showing it on the ground. Beside a storage shed. Next door to my MILs. Roll Eyes

Here's another Amazon rant that might mean more to some here. Did you know that even though you purchase a movie on Amazon, they may lose the "rights" to it and pull it from being watched? Happened to 2 movies I had purchased - I saw two substitute items in the queue which were not what I purchased a while back. Not even close other than the title.

It took a while but I finally got Amazon to refund me the full purchase price for both movies I bought from them.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6726 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I live on a street with a cul de sac that has 15 homes on it.

At least once a year during Christmas delivery time, Amazon will leave all deliveries on the street at the first house. Typically 7-10 different addresses.

The picture is, literally, a pile of packages at the home’s door.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My house is slightly difficult to find but I’ve put numbers on multiple sides of the fence. My deliveries end up anywhere from in front of my door to four different neighboring houses and just about anywhere in between. My favorite attempt was in the middle of the unfenced overgrown yard I share with a neighbor. The delivery guy had to go way out of their way and outside the bounds of even crackhead logic to leave packages there. My second favorite is the Amazon contractors in their personal cars creeping around with headlamps at 10:30 p.m. Good way to have a bad night.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Several years ago we had a porch pirate several blocks over in the neighborhood. Eventually they caught her.
That made me think of a way packages sitting on the front door step were not visible from the street.

I went out and bought a large plastic garden storage box and placed it on my porch in a way you could not see it from the street.
I even put a laminated sign on it that says "Please place packages in side, thank you" I even put a arrow showing where to lift the lid.

For the most part it has worked however I still will find packages on the porch either next to or on top of the box.
It's not even if they deliver at night because my front porch light is on a sensor so it comes on as soon as it is dark so they can see the box.

The best is when the Amazon driver places the package on the box and then takes a picture to prove delivery. Right there in the picture is the sign asking to please place inside the box.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post