SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Match.com new options re:COVID
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Match.com new options re:COVID Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Match.com now has a splash screen that pops up urging you to “show you’re vaccinated” with an option to add this information to your online profile.
We’ll just skip over that pesky HIPPA thing for now…
Good try, Match, but I can think of a LOT of other diseases I’d rather be warned about in a potential partner’s profile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hudr,

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
My God man!! Didn't you hear there was a world-wide pandemic?! Your privacy no longer matters - as if you ever really had any. HIPAA be damned!!

If you ever ask to see my vaccination card, well fuck you!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HIPAA covers healthcare providers, not dating sites. Nothing stops an individual from disclosing their own medical records and information.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
HIPAA covers healthcare providers, not dating sites. Nothing stops an individual from disclosing their own medical records and information.

Yeah, I was going to say this. It’s stupid virtue signaling, but it’s not a HIPAA violation.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
My point was not that they were violating HIPPA.
It was their jumping on the vaccination bandwagon.
It’s more funny than anything, IMO.

Again, there are much worse diseases I’d be concerned with on a dating site.
What was that line from “Lord of War”?
The gist was…
“There are so many things that can kill you today, why worry about what will kill your years from now?”

Herpes? Chlamydia? Nah, those are old news. COVID is the New Hotness.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
My point was not that they were violating HIPPA.
It was their jumping on the vaccination bandwagon.
It’s more funny than anything, IMO.

Again, there are much worse diseases I’d be concerned with on a dating site.
What was that line from “Lord of War”?
The gist was…
“There are so many things that can kill you today, why worry about what will kill your years from now?”

Herpes? Chlamydia? Nah, those are old news. COVID is the New Hotness.

Even Disney World is jumping on the vaccination bandwagon.

https://www.wesh.com/article/d...t-required/36702616#

ORLANDO, Fla. —
Disney announced Friday that vaccinated guests will no longer be required to wear masks at Walt Disney World unless on park transportation.

Face coverings will still be required for all Guests on Disney transportation, including Disney buses, monorails, and the Disney Skyliner.

Advertisement
“While we will not require proof of vaccination, we expect guests who are not fully vaccinated to continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, and upon entering and throughout all attractions and transportation. Guests must observe current policies on face coverings until June 15,” a statement from Disney said.

Disney also said it will be adjusting physical distancing guidelines.

Hawaii is about to jump on the same bandwagon as are a bunch of European countries.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post