SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I saw a bunch of OH plates on I-77 S of Charlotte yesterday...what gives?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I saw a bunch of OH plates on I-77 S of Charlotte yesterday...what gives? Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted
So, as I was driving South on I-77 to Chester SC yesterday, I saw a preponderance of vehicles w OH plates. Like 10 or more in the span of 10 miles.

On the way back I was at a gas station and saw another. I told the young woman pumping gas about it and jokingly said "What is it...'get out of Ohio' weekend?"

She said in all seriousness "Its always get out of Ohio weekend..."

Im puzzled...does anyone have a theory that explains the apparent mass exodus I witnessed? Just people going to the beaches of SC, GA and FL for vacation, or something more permanent?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you always hypervigilant?

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
At least they weren't from Florida.

Seems like Florida has turned them loose again.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I see Ohio plates every where I go. It must be a really boring state or people there have a lot of disposable income.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always heard that the SC beaches were favored by the Ohio population.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
They were coming to Florida; they come here to drive slow in the left lane.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm.You get a description of the occupants?? Down here on the interstate it is trucks riding low with Texas plates and Hispanics at the wheel.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Lots of folks here head to SC beaches for summer vacations. Cincinnati people in particular tends to end up at Hilton Head, SC in such large numbers that it isn’t uncommon to run into friends and neighbors while you are down there. Being Midwestern and frugal, we tend to drive rather than fly down.

In fact, my family are planning to visit Hilton Head for a week this summer, but we are going to try flying…we usually drive!

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fled Ohio. But I went north.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I see Ohio plates every where I go. It must be a really boring state or people there have a lot of disposable income.

Mostly the former. You can only tip so many cows before you just gotta get out.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ohio. A place you drive through to get to somewhere interesting.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Lots of them invading Montana - along with California, Washington, Oregon and Texas.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
I bet they were all holding up traffic in the left lane....

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Probably going to the beach. I was talking to a guy whose job is basically to drive a 4x4 Ford F-250 Offroad all day and shuttle people from a beach to a lighthouse and the one state he mentioned specifically seeing lots of people come from was Ohio. I get it. Beach life is the best life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Yep. We go to the beach. Daytona is my destination but we fly.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Can't blame them for wanting to get away, what a shithole of a State

GO BLUE!!

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
When I lived in NC, I moved from OH.

I was shocked by the number of other OH cars in the lot at my apartment complex. Like people who had moved permanently, it seems, but never changed their tags. (Not that I blame them, because fuck the NC DMV, scourge of humanity that it is!)

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Were they all in the left lane?

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6721 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the time I tried to get an Outer Banks rental in October. I called company after company with no luck...in October. Finally, I asked what was going on. The guy said "It's Columbus Day". To which, I replied, "So?" It seems, for years, factory workers in the Northeast, have had a three day weekend and they all head for the Outer Banks and bluefishing. Some may even come from Ohio.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I always look at tags when I drive....keeps my mind occupied

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Are you always hypervigilant?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post