SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Building repair project - Let's play "Guess the Price Tag!"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building repair project - Let's play "Guess the Price Tag!" Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
And while I hate to use the term "the new norm", it's kind of setting the prices for good. If you know people are willing to pay $10, why would you charge $3? Add in the political/economic factors and wheelbarrows of Zimbabwe money here we come.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine told me Customs had recently discovered a load of lumber hidden inside a shipment of cocaine...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I rebuilt an old rotted flower bed box for my wife, only about 52” square. I used 2x6s with a 2x4 picture frame top. Cost about $90 (would’ve been $80 if I hadn’t cut a 2x6 wrong Mad ).

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
$343.22 plus Tax whatever it is in East OlderShoes

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We’re starting to plan out finishing our basement. For lumber alone, it was around $1700 before tax. Checked into metal studs, came in nearly half. Guess what we will be using? It’ll take me a bit longer but I’m ok with that if I’m saving half.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are extending our patio cover 18' X 18', Sloped shed style.

Using Douglas fir, 8"X8"X12' timbers, 2X10 rafters, beadboard planks for the ceiling.

Lumber should be in next week at a cost of almost $4,000. Over twice the cost from about 14 months ago.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Boy was I off on my guess.

I'm still cleaning up my messy garage (need to get that done before I start any more projects).

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I feel for ya. I cringe with every oncoming tropical storm or hurricane season and wood fencing. Each section is about $500 a pop. I can no longer do it myself so I have to hire somebody. This particular storm took out 3 sections. Its to be expected living along the SE Florida coast and a 20yr old fence.

Don't mind the door, I was experimenting with Photoshop and a door to the Twilight Zone Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Don't mind the door, I was experimenting with Photoshop and a door to the Twilight Zone Big Grin

I thought you were building a house piece-by-piece as you could afford it. Smile

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post