SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stupidity Hurts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupidity Hurts Login/Join 
Picture of dan03833
posted
I just finished a load of laundry and discovered I left my Bose Quiet Comfort Utra II earbuds in a pants pocket. I'm so passed at myself.

Posts: 1546 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Ouch, hopefully they aren't destroyed. My wife washed her pair of apple airpods, she was not happy either. One side the speaker and mic survived, other side the speaker survived but not the mic. Now the good side needs to be put in first to connect and then put the "bad" side in and it will connect and the speaker will work (but not the mic). If you put the bad side in first, it doesn't connect and the good side does not connect after putting it in second. I tried various tips from the internet to no avail. She got a new pair and now has a bang around pair.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Ouch, hopefully they aren't destroyed. My wife washed her pair of apple airpods, she was not happy either. One side the speaker and mic survived, other side the speaker survived but not the mic. Now the good side needs to be put in first to connect and then put the "bad" side in and it will connect and the speaker will work (but not the mic). If you put the bad side in first, it doesn't connect and the good side does not connect after putting it in second. I tried various tips from the internet to no avail. She got a new pair and now has a bang around pair.

Completely dead.

Posts: 1546 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
This is why I buy the cheap earbuds from Amazon's Deals page. Usually less than $20 and good enough for me.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a cheap pair of skull candy (?) earbuds. They work just as you would expect. They are inexpensive. If you have ever bought the AirPod Max you quickly come to hate the cheapies. There just isn't any comparison. I feel your pain.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Could be worse, my wife didn't catch the crayons one of my kids had in their pocket of their pants and washed them then into the dryer where they proceed to melt over everything, clothes and the dryer interior. Frown

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post